Your plants in VEG! Veg plant photo, cloning discussion , share your pre flower prep!

• Thread starter Mikedin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I am learning. LOL. I have a white film on my filter cover as well. I am at 46% humidity without the humidifier. Might be a little low for veg but will be helpful in flower. I do not want mold.
Ok I’ll tell ya my secret… you can use tap water in a ultrasonic, but put your water in a 5 gallon water jug (Go buy one if you don’t have one, I use 5 of them in rotation for watering easiest way to move around 5 gallons of water without spilling it, great for mixing neuts in as well and I use a funnel to pour into smaller watering cans)

Anyways! Go pick up a bag of these mineral absorption pods on Amazon, let them sit in the water at least 24 hours before use (that’s why I keep a bunch of jugs in rotation and ready) no more film on anything 👊👊 I think when I ran my humidifier I wild put 2 in the 5 gallon jug and I swapped them out about once a month

IMG 5854
IMG 5855
Sunin

Sunin

Ok I’ll tell ya my secret… you can use tap water in a ultrasonic, but put your water in a 5 gallon water jug (Go buy one if you don’t have one, I use 5 of them in rotation for watering easiest way to move around 5 gallons of water without spilling it, great for mixing neuts in as well and I use a funnel to pour into smaller watering cans)

Anyways! Go pick up a bag of these mineral absorption pods on Amazon, let them sit in the water at least 24 hours before use (that’s why I keep a bunch of jugs in rotation and ready) no more film on anything 👊👊 I think when I ran my humidifier I wild put 2 in the 5 gallon jug and I swapped them out about once a month

pff. not a big secret. Made in China - Bought in China? 🇨🇳 best price after all 🤣

B

Bdubs

End week 5.
Feather light bags after 5 days.
Runoff soak. About 3/4 gallon soak, they took it all after 6 hours, 4.5gal between the two.
Put back on risers.
Slow/short girl left alone.
Light adjusted, bridged gap, 26” back up to 36”
Moderate prune below the belt a few days ago.
LST adjust.
Flower right around the corner, next feed MOAB and water.
RO all day.
6.7-7.0 Ph, no Ph Up or Down used

Clones all topped.
One purchased clone was not growing shoots. Trashed it quick, no time for baby sitting. -$20
4 Blue Dream, 2 and 2, mommas are in the big bags. One Gas Basket by Exotics and the other, same people Mr. nasty. Although, I believe this was my error. I put them into a humidity dome for 2 days before transfer and transplant. I have suspicions that that one got too moist and wet and she then burnt, no shoot growth and only tiny burnt node growth. My bad, not their fault, I can admit it

IMG 9790
IMG 9791
IMG 9771
IMG 9787
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
pff. not a big secret. Made in China - Bought in China? 🇨🇳 best price after all 🤣
Just realized they show $29.99 as the original price on that Temu listing hahaha, even though it’s “reduced” to $10 on there, I’ll stick with the Amazon ones through lol, 10 pack, free shipping, next day delivery, $13 (actual price not $29.99 lol) worth the $3 to not wait 2-3 weeks and hope it comes eventually lol

As much as I hate Amazon, they usually have the best price, not to mention most stuff is next day now lol

Sunin

Sunin

Just realized they show $29.99 as the original price on that Temu listing hahaha

€8.69 per 10 pieces with account. even cheaper when you will install the app as you pay usually 50% from the 50 euro order but then you got to buy upfront, wait and buy more stuff- I buy all the bulbs for house there as prices for bulbs in normal shops are scandalous (10pcs of G9 LED is 5 euro there, Philips wants 40 euro for six 🤣) and solar lights for garden, caulk tapes and loads of crap that I don't need 🤣
Amazon doesn't work great here. There's no amazon.ie and half of the stuff cannot be delivered - weird as they build big depots here 🤔

RootFarmer

RootFarmer

@mikedyour I used a set up similar to yours (pictured below) for my DIY SoG aeroponics system from like 2005-2010. The cloner was the same design with a run off to a reservoir below. The SoG system was self-contained. My emitters sprayed a super fine mist aimed at the base of the net pots on two sides for even coverage, longer root contact and the run off fed the roots as it trickled down. Eventually the tap roots sit in solition and can sip during the off/oxygenation cycle. I went with a fine mist because smaller droplets mean more root coverage and slower run off extending root contact during the on/feed cycle. On my set up I just drilled a hole in each of those squares on the lid for a net pot, reserving one hole in each for monitoring and topping up. The reservoir could drain from the bottom. Two fit perfectly into a 4x4 tent. Clones were rooted and got a short veg and then moved straight into the tent to flower. I think you will like that rig. 👍
Screenshot 20240628 204614

Same tote and everything.

B

Budtirement

I din’t have time to read 43 pages of posts but I put in half an hour and I wanted to add my two cents. It seems like a good idea to let folks see the various paths taken.

I’ve completed 5 tent grows but each of them was with liquid nutes and there were issues each time. I always managed to harvest several ounces but I also encountered yellowing leaves and diminished growth. I can’t say I was happy with that path.

This is the healthiest tent grow I’ve had yet. This is a 7 gallon fabric pot with %50 Build-a-soil and %50 Ocean Forest and sand to start, and rain water and Build-a-flower amendments only since then, 100% organic soil grow. Week 6 of veg and the leaves and stems are green!

Number one, it’s been a lot easier since I’m not calculating and mixing nutes, keeping track of pH, PPM and timing. Not doing any of that. So far, no issues and I feel much calmer and having a more enjoyable, less stressful experience.

I gave the Bubba Kush seedling 300 ppfd and she was short with big leaves from the start. I super cropped the main stem above the 4th node and trained it to the side. I’ve grown out the stems from below the bend. I did allow a few additional suckers off the main stem above the bend so she now has 13 tops. I’ve removed suckers below 3 nodes from the top to prevent more tops and force growth up on the stems I have. I might remove the shorter tops before flip.

She’s currently 12 inches tall and I have enough tent headroom to let her veg to 18 inches so I guess she might have a week or two to go in veg.

2024 Indoor veg
2024 Indoor closeup
Top Bottom