AC Infinity Cloudray S6 FREE Gen2 Upgrade!

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Does anyone know if the UIS control cables are interchangeable with USB C cables?
I just talked with customer support and the answer to this one is no, they're not compatible. I figured they were proprietary, but hoped I might get lucky.

I also asked if the fans could be powered by the UIS cable and the answer to that one is also no.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

The Controller 69 is 12V so I'm assuming that's what the UIS carries as well. The fans have an EC Motor so the 110V power may get converted to 12V and that could be why it's running the other fan without it being plugged in because the UIS is giving the EC motor the 12V it needs. This is just

Just spoke with AC Infinity.

They told me that there is no need to plug the second fan in. The daisy chain is meant to power the next device.

Chat started: 2024-02-29 05:18 PM UTC

(05:18:15 PM) Tumble: Hello! Great work! I just recieved my Cloudray s6 gen 2. Very happy.

I have a question. I have my gen 1 plugged into power and connected to my controller 69plus. I then used the daisy chain dongle to connect my gen 2 to my gen 1 cloudray. The gen 2 started up without being plugged in to power.

Is it safe to run it without plugging the second fan into power?
(05:18:58 PM) *** Yasmin joined the chat ***
(05:19:03 PM) Yasmin: Hello, thank you for reaching out to us today! I would be happy to look into this for you. One moment please while I research your question.
(05:19:14 PM) Tumble: Thanks!
(05:20:29 PM) Yasmin: That is prefectly okay for that is the way the unit is ment to run.
(05:20:53 PM) Yasmin: When you daisy chain the fans one unit will be powering the other device
(05:21:15 PM) Yasmin: I hope that offers more clarity !
(05:21:17 PM) Tumble: Perfect!
(05:21:23 PM) Yasmin: Is there anything else that I may assist you with today?
(05:21:23 PM) Tumble: Thanks!
(05:21:39 PM) Tumble: Would it be possible to email me this transcript?
(05:21:48 PM) Yasmin: Of course !
(05:21:55 PM) Yasmin: it will automaticlly do so :)
(05:22:05 PM) Tumble: Beautiful thanks yasmin!
(05:22:19 PM) Yasmin: MY PLEASURE !
(05:22:21 PM) Yasmin: Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time. Thank you for chatting with us and have a great day. Goodbye!
(05:22:23 PM) Yasmin: :)
(05:22:27 PM) *** Yasmin left the chat ***

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Just spoke with AC Infinity.

They told me that there is no need to plug the second fan in. The daisy chain is meant to power the next device.
So, we got two different answers. Great. Mine was a phone chat.

I have a Gen 2 first in the chain and a Gen 1 second. I can unplug the second (Gen 1) fan to see if it runs. BRB

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Okay. When I unplugged the first fan in the chain (Gen 2), both fans stopped. When I unplugged the second fan (Gen 1), both fans ran. So, yes, a fan can be powered by the UIS cable.

I wonder if the answer may differ by generation of the fans. @Tumbleweed375, you didn't specify the generation in your conversation, so they might have answered for Gen 1. I did specify Gen 2 in my conversation. My test shows that they both work when only the Gen 1 fan is powered, but neither work when only the Gen 2 fan is powered. When I have the time, I'll swap the Gen 1 fan with a Gen 2 fan to see if having two Gen 2 fans in the daisy chain makes a difference.

Newty

Newty

Okay. When I unplugged the first fan in the chain (Gen 2), both fans stopped. When I unplugged the second fan (Gen 1), both fans ran. So, yes, a fan can be powered by the UIS cable.

I wonder if the answer may differ by generation of the fans. @Tumbleweed375, you didn't specify the generation in your conversation, so they might have answered for Gen 1. I did specify Gen 2 in my conversation. My test shows that they both work when only the Gen 1 fan is powered, but neither work when only the Gen 2 fan is powered. When I have the time, I'll swap the Gen 1 fan with a Gen 2 fan to see if having two Gen 2 fans in the daisy chain makes a difference.
When I tested, I only used Gen 2 fans and only 1 had to be plugged in for both to run.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm just keeping my Gen 1 as backup or will use them by themselves when I get another tent. I'm not going to mix them and I'm going to keep them plugged into 110v, figure it's just the safest since we really don't know.
Perfect! 👍

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I did specify, she told me it's the way it's supposed to be:

05:18:15 PM) Tumble: Hello! Great work! I just recieved my Cloudray s6 gen 2. Very happy.

I have a question. I have my gen 1 plugged into power and connected to my controller 69plus. I then used the daisy chain dongle to connect my gen 2 to my gen 1 cloudray. The gen 2 started up without being plugged in to power.

Newty

Newty

I did specify, she told me it's the way it's supposed to be:

05:18:15 PM) Tumble: Hello! Great work! I just recieved my Cloudray s6 gen 2. Very happy.

I would make a phone call and speak to tech support, just to make sure they are understanding exactly what you're asking. People sometimes miss what is actually being said, she may think oh your controlling 2 fans with a daisy chain, that's the whole point of the daisy chain and completely overlooking the fact you said it isn't plugged into power. Idk, I'm just going to play it safe.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I would make a phone call and speak to tech support, just to make sure they are understanding exactly what you're asking. People sometimes miss what is actually being said, she may think oh your controlling 2 fans with a daisy chain, that's the whole point of the daisy chain and completely overlooking the fact you said it isn't plugged into power. Idk, I'm just going to play it safe.
That is smart. Might make the phone call later today. I have my second fan plugged in as well. I just wanted to get to the bottom of the safety/motor wear question

Newty

Newty

You might already know this but I posted just in case others are wondering which fan needs unplugged to test if it will run.

Here is a pic of my splitter, if I unplug the power of the fan that's ran by the splitter section I circled, it shuts off both fans but if I unplug the fan from the other side of the splitter, they both keep running.
20240229 140740

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I did specify,
Yes, you did. I see it now. Sorry about the error. My eyes are getting weak. I was a bit frustrated, too.

I have the fans operating okay now. After we harvest this crop, I'll do a better installation. I don't like to make hardware changes mid grow, but I wanted to see how well these new fans work. So far, I think they'll be a big improvement.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Yes, you did. I see it now. Sorry about the error. My eyes are getting weak. I was a bit frustrated, too.

I have the fans operating okay now. After we harvest this crop, I'll do a better installation. I don't like to make hardware changes mid grow, but I wanted to see how well these new fans work. So far, I think they'll be a big improvement.
No worries.
Agreed. Also, I wanted that increased airflow in the rootzone as soon as i heard i was getting the new fan. I'm impressed how quiet it is and how sturdy it seems. Havent done a test on the natural wind feature, or some of the other new stuff. I'm gonna do a full rewire when the tent is empty. Haha if i can look at the wires hanging out of place that long...

Newty

Newty

Haha if i can look at the wires hanging out of place that long...
From my picture in an earlier post, you can see how I kind of run my wires. They all go to the top then to the front, all the extra slack I put in a little plastic box that I put holes in so you can't see a bunch of balled up wire then I also zip tie the box up top in the front to a pole. When I open my tent and look, all I see is my power cords to my lights and the rj11 to my lights, everything else is pretty much hidden from view so it looks pretty tidy. You would have to either lean in awkwardly or actually get in the tent and face the doors to see the rest of my wires, even at that it's just a few zip tied to the top pole and a little black box that has a few wires leading into it, still looks clean.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

From my picture in an earlier post, you can see how I kind of run my wires. They all go to the top then to the front, all the extra slack I put in a little plastic box that I put holes in so you can't see a bunch of balled up wire then I also zip tie the box up top in the front to a pole. When I open my tent and look, all I see is my power cords to my lights and the rj11 to my lights, everything else is pretty much hidden from view so it looks pretty tidy. You would have to either lean in awkwardly or actually get in the tent and face the doors to see the rest of my wires, even at that it's just a few zip tied to the top pole and a little black box that has a few wires leading into it, still looks clean.
😍 do you have a journal? Post a link!

Newty

Newty

Killer find man!!! Thanks for sharing, very interesting video and answered a lot of questions.

Now I need someone who tore apart a controller 69!

Top Bottom