AC Infinity Cloudray S6 FREE Gen2 Upgrade!

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

I got mine. Ran it in a daisy chain with the old one... didn't need to plug it in to power? Awesome less cable management
View attachment 2128122
Do at least 1 of the fans need to be plugged in? The Controller 69 is powered by equipment that's plugged into a wall, I wonder if as long as 1 thing is powering the Controller, it will work without plugging them in or if only 1 piece of equipment in a daisy chain needs to be plugged into 110. Hmm, I'm going to see what else works like this, definitely helpful!

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

Do at least 1 of the fans need to be plugged in? The Controller 69 is powered by equipment that's plugged into a wall, I wonder if as long as 1 thing is powering the Controller, it will work without plugging them in or if only 1 piece of equipment in a daisy chain needs to be plugged into 110. Hmm, I'm going to see what else works like this, definitely helpful!
One of my fans is plugged into 110. The other is connected to the old s6 via daisy chain

Newty

Newty

It's running without being plugged into a receptacle. Only plugged into the other fan via daisy chain.
I just went up and tested mine. If I unplug the one in my front right corner from the wall outlet, they both keep running.

I plugged the front right back in and then unplugged the one in the back left from the wall outlet, both fans shut off.

It must matter what order in the daisy splitter they are in, you have to unplugged the correct fan from 110 for it to work.

Tumbleweed375

Tumbleweed375

I just went up and tested mine. If I unplug the one in my front right corner from the wall outlet, they both keep running.

I plugged the front right back in and then unplugged the one in the back left from the wall outlet, both fans shut off.

It must matter what order in the daisy splitter they are in, you have to unplugged the correct fan from 110 for it to work.
Agreed! I should have clarified in the video. The first fan in the daisy chain is plugged into power. I was setting it up, and just for ease i decided to add the daisy chain dongle in the line at my already set up s6. I was pleasantly surprised when it powered on as soon as i plugged in the uis cable

N

Natep

Agreed! I should have clarified in the video. The first fan in the daisy chain is plugged into power. I was setting it up, and just for ease i decided to add the daisy chain dongle in the line at my already set up s6. I was pleasantly surprised when it powered on as soon as i plugged in the uis cable
You might want to check and make sure you don’t have 120v coming out of that plug end. That could be a problem.

Newty

Newty

You might want to check and make sure you don’t have 120v coming out of that plug end. That could be a problem.
All good
20240228 190449

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm surprised a UIS cable could carry enough power to run a fan. It would be safer to plug them both in. Keeping a motor going draws less power than starting a motor. So, starting is when a problem is most likely to occur. The fan motor might try to pull more power than can safely be delivered over the UIS cable. That could damage equipment or cause a fire. If you do run a fan off a UIS cable, I'd check it occasionally to see if it's getting hot.

I connected a second fan today using the UIS splitter. It didn't run when it wasn't plugged in to power. I just checked again and the second fan stopped running when I pulled the power plug.

Newty

Newty

I'm surprised a UIS cable could carry enough power to run a fan. It would be safer to plug them both in. Keeping a motor going draws less power than starting a motor. So, starting is when a problem is most likely to occur. The fan motor might try to pull more power than can safely be delivered over the UIS cable. That could damage equipment or cause a fire. If you do run a fan off a UIS cable, I'd check it occasionally to see if it's getting hot.

I connected a second fan today using the UIS splitter. It didn't run when it wasn't plugged in to power. I just checked again and the second fan stopped running when I pulled the power plug.
The Controller 69 is 12V so I'm assuming that's what the UIS carries as well. The fans have an EC Motor so the 110V power may get converted to 12V and that could be why it's running the other fan without it being plugged in because the UIS is giving the EC motor the 12V it needs. This is just a theory, I could find out but I would have to break open a fan. I guess I do have a couple gen1s lol.

I'm running mine plugged in regardless, there's no reason for me not to and rather be safe then sorry because we really don't know.

P

Putthataway

Pardon my ignorance but is this a gen1? I don’t even know if it’s the same model? I can’t find the box without digging deap.
IMG 0793

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The easiest way to tell a Gen 1 from a Gen 2 is by where the control cable plugs in. It plugs into the Gen 1 fans in the fan motor housing. It plugs into the base of the Gen 2 fans.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm still struggling with the cabling and how the fans are powered. I just mixed one of each generation on a splitter with the Gen 2 fan first in line. I plugged the Gen 2 fan into power and neither fan ran. When I plugged both in, both ran. That's different from the other tent that has two Gen 1 fans in it. Each of those ran or didn't run depending on whether they were plugged in.

So, aside from being confused, I'm thinking there are protocol differences.

Top Bottom