AC Infinity Grow Tent Heater

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PooToe

PooToe

Those style thermostats cut all power when set temp is reached so the heater needs to be able to come back on automatically when power is supplied again. Also make sure the thermostat can handle the wattage of the heater. Inkbird is a popular brand of those style thermostats.
I have an Isiler 1500w that I had bought for the outdoor greenhouse that I'll probaly use. It has it's own internal thermostat so I could just play around with the settings to try and get it to go on and off when it hits the setpoints I want but if not I'd like something with a probe so that the thermostat is not just reading what's in its immediate area. If I turn the thermostat all the way up it'll run whenever it's powered.

Newty

Newty

I have an Isiler 1500w that I had bought for the outdoor greenhouse that I'll probaly use. It has it's own internal thermostat so I could just play around with the settings to try and get it to go on and off when it hits the setpoints I want but if not I'd like something with a probe so that the thermostat is not just reading what's in its immediate area. If I turn the thermostat all the way up it'll run whenever it's powered.

The on/off thermostats will definitely work for that heater. If you go that route, look at the Inkbird thermostats, they are more then the one you were looking at but customer service/warranty might be better if you ever need it. They also have a model that has both heating and cooling so it could control your heater and also a basic turn dial a/c unit as well to cool the tent, idk if that's something that you could use or not.

PooToe

PooToe

The on/off thermostats will definitely work for that heater. If you go that route, look at the Inkbird thermostats, they are more then the one you were looking at but customer service/warranty might be better if you ever need it. They also have a model that has both heating and cooling so it could control your heater and also a basic turn dial a/c unit as well to cool the tent, idk if that's something that you could use or not.
The thing is my lung room, for the most part, keeps everything in range. It's at lights out when I'm in stretch that I utilize the heater to raise the lights off temps a few degrees higher than lights on to shorten internodal stretching.

As you can see, I use it, maybe, for a few weeks through the entire grow. If there is an unusually cold day then I may utilize it to keep it from dropping too low but for the most part the HVAC of the house keeps everything in range.

It's not something I need that is crucial to the grow but having just that much more control to be able to experiment with stuff is what I'm aiming for along with utilizing it during stretch.

Newty

Newty

Not yet. The tracking site says it'll be here by 7:00 PM. It's only a little after noon here now. My replacement clip fans are supposed to arrive today, too.
Awesome, can't wait to see what you have to say about it!

Newty

Newty

Curious what it will do to the humidity?
I wonder if directing humidifier in front of the heater tube that blows the air into your tent will cause the mist to heat up and help the humidity.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Awesome, can't wait to see what you have to say about it!
I'll probably only unbox it today.

Curious what it will do to the humidity?
Good question. Heating air lowers its humidity, so any heater would do that much. Otherwise, it might depend on the RH of the room air, but then again, the exhaust fan pulls room air into the tent.

I wonder if directing humidifier in front of the heater tube that blows the air into your tent will cause the mist to heat up and help the humidity.
I have clip fans blowing over the outlet of the humidifiers. I think that helps distribute moist air.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
They're here...

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Well... I can't review it because I can't connect it to my controller. It's due to a ridiculous failure of quality control. The UIS cable won't fit in UIS plug at the heater. The plug is recessed, and both ends of the cable that came with the heater are too big to fit into it. The cables I already have will fit if plugged straight in, but the cable with the 90º bend won't. Of course, the controller can't take a cable with a bend. So, I can't get it to work. I could run it using its own separate sensor, but that's not how I expected to use it.

So, now it's time to contact AC Infinity.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
The OD of the hose is 2.5 inches (2.466" to be more precise).

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Well... I can't review it because I can't connect it to my controller. It's due to a ridiculous failure of quality control. The UIS cable won't fit in UIS plug at the heater. The plug is recessed, and both ends of the cable that came with the heater are too big to fit into it. The cables I already have will fit if plugged straight in, but the cable with the 90º bend won't. Of course, the controller can't take a cable with a bend. So, I can't get it to work. I could run it using its own separate sensor, but that's not how I expected to use it.

Dude that hurt.

Newty

Newty

Wow, that's pretty disappointing....

Do you have a Male to Female UIS adapter that maybe came with something you've bought? This would extend it, the fans didn't work with the 90 without this either. Regardless, you shouldn't have to resort to that.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Can we see a pic of this?
Sure. You can see how it's recessed. The UIS cable is larger than the ones I have, so they changed that, too. The cable is only slightly too big, so I'm thinking of grinding it down enough to fit.

Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Do you have a Male to Female UIS adapter that maybe came with something you've bought? This would extend it, the fans didn't work with the 90 without this either. Regardless, you shouldn't have to resort to that.
I don't have one. It could solve the problem, and so would a grinder or a file. I might try one of the cables from the new fans.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Sure. You can see how it's recessed. The UIS cable is larger than the ones I have, so they changed that, too. The cable is only slightly too big, so I'm thinking of grinding it down enough to fit.

View attachment 2127459
Thanks! Yeah that’s what I was going to suggest : ) I’ve made sensors on cars work by doing that 🤣 (I know, I know) 😂

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks! Yeah that’s what I was going to suggest : ) I’ve made sensors on cars work by doing that 🤣 (I know, I know) 😂
We must be creative to grow weed!

I have a caliper, so I did some measuring. The cable is 0.0295 too wide. It wouldn't be hard to grind it down. I'll do that tomorrow. It fits in the other direction. Tonight, I'll reinstall the old heater.

Top Bottom