AC Infinity Grow Tent Heater

• Thread starter Newty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
We must be creative to grow weed!

I have a caliper, so I did some measuring. The cable is 0.0295 too wide. It wouldn't be hard to grind it down. I'll do that tomorrow. It fits in the other direction. Tonight, I'll reinstall the old heater.
My tape measure doesnt have that many lines on it 😂 glad you have a plan! And we are all eagerly anticipating a full review! ; )

Newty

Newty

We must be creative to grow weed!

I have a caliper, so I did some measuring. The cable is 0.0295 too wide. It wouldn't be hard to grind it down. I'll do that tomorrow. It fits in the other direction. Tonight, I'll reinstall the old heater.
I have to ask, you don't have to answer, what do you do for a living? 90% of people would not have a caliper in their toolbox so I'm curious. I'm one of the few that has a couple calipers in the toolbox as well.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I have to ask, you don't have to answer, what do you do for a living? 90% of people would not have a caliper in their toolbox so I'm curious. I'm one of the few that has a couple calipers in the toolbox as well.
I'm retired. Over my long life, I've done many things, including machine shop work. I've operated lathes and milling machines and arc welding. That was early in life.

We are the 10%✊ lol
Perhaps. The new digital calipers are relatively inexpensive and extremely useful tools. I use it frequently.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Some First Impressions...

I got it running last night after I complained about the bad fit of the cable to AC Infinity support. Only an automated reply so far.

I wasn't sure how to set it, so I set it to level 2. That, it seems, was too low. The tent temperature was 72º this morning, which is only 1 degree above room temperature and 2º below controller setting (74º). So, I set it to level 5. I also changed the buffer from 2º to 1º. Now the tent temperature is at the set temperature and seems stable. (Maybe I should read the manual. 🫤) The air blowing out of it doesn't feel warm at level 2, but it does at level 5. The amount of air blowing feels about the same.

Other than the cable problem, it was easy to install. I have it outside the tent and used the extension duct. I'll need to do some thinking about how to position the outlet. Right now, it's between the two pots, so it'll probably dry the pots faster. (The tent is an AC Infinity 2x4x6.) I'll try to get it setup better after I harvest this crop.

I really like the duct. It is easily bent to the desired position. It also has plenty of length.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I'm retired. Over my long life, I've done many things, including machine shop work. I've operated lathes and milling machines and arc welding. That was early in life.

Perhaps. The new digital calipers are relatively inexpensive and extremely useful tools. I use it frequently.
Never got into the digital ones. Thats what I get for workin with a bunch a old guys stuck in their ways hahaha. They are very useful! I have used mine a hand full of times at home (all for fab projects), my kids haven’t yet noticed them and I would like to keep it that way lol. When they’re ready my shop is their shop : )

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Are you going to be posting anymore updates here?
I suppose so if I have anything to say. It's likely I'll have some tweaks as I get to know it.

So far, it seems like it will be better for cannabis than the oil radiator that was in the tent. There's immediately more room in the tent. It also doesn't radiate heat like the radiator does. That radiated heat can rapidly dry the side of the fabric pots facing the heater.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I suppose so if I have anything to say. It's likely I'll have some tweaks as I get to know it.
Not a big deal : ) im just really interested in these little heaters for the safety aspect and also the connectivity to the controller. I’m using any info I can get as a purchase decision : )

Newty

Newty

I was messing around with this for part of my exhaust and my goodness! I may have been too high at that moment, but I could not make sense of it haha. Are you going to be posting anymore updates here?
I run my exhaust 24/7 so I prefer the transition setting for fans, I use a 2 degree transition for my fans. Heaters and Humidifiers I would run buffer.

Sunasun

Sunasun

Anything a weed youtuber says to do will be a total detriment to your garden.
Not true, but not sure why your quote popped up.

Looking for a good cheap thermostat for my little tent heater. Would a seed mat thermo work? I can't see why not but wanted to get some input from some of the more experienced growers.

This is on my radar....

As long as your heater uses less than 1000 watts, these work great for binary switch heaters.
I use one in both my veg and flower closets.

Newty

Newty

I'm using a 1º buffer so far, but I noticed this heater also has a transition setting.
I think any equipment can be run with transition or buffer settings, of course other equipment requires the controller 69 to access these settings. I don't think you can use buffer and transition at the same time on a single piece of equipment, I could be wrong on that though.
Buffer is more like a swing setting for on/off, much like a household thermostat, that's my understanding anyways. Transition is a speed increase/decrease swing.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think any equipment can be run with transition or buffer settings, of course other equipment requires the controller 69 to access these settings.
Control plugs don't. They're only on or off. Some of the AC Infinity devices have their own controller. I'm thinking of some of their lights, like my T22. Their humidifiers and heaters come with their own sensors, as well, so they probably can, too.

I don't think you can use buffer and transition at the same time on a single piece of equipment, I could be wrong on that though.
The Controller 69 Pro doesn't prevent it. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an algorithm in there somewhere that negotiates between the two.

Buffer is more like a swing setting for on/off, much like a household thermostat, that's my understanding anyways. Transition is a speed increase/decrease swing.
That's how I understand it.

Newty

Newty

Control plugs don't. They're only on or off. Some of the AC Infinity devices have their own controller. I'm thinking of some of their lights, like my T22. Their humidifiers and heaters come with their own sensors, as well, so they probably can, too.

The Controller 69 Pro doesn't prevent it. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an algorithm in there somewhere that negotiates between the two.
Yeah control plugs don't, I consider them adapters rather then equipment.

I've not tried running transition and buffer at the same time so I wasn't sure, makes since you could use together since one is speed related and the other on/off. According to AC Infinity Controller 69 manual, buffer is only available for outlet adapters. I guess the exception would be the heaters and humidifiers, possibly other equipment like you mentioned.

I wish I had a broken Controller 69 or knew someone who has one. I want to see what they are using inside it!

Newty

Newty

I don't have time for a long answer right now, but a quick look at my phone app shows buffer for most things, even lights.
I 100% believe you and wasn't challenging what you said.

I use buffer for humidifier so I know it works for other stuff other then outlet adpaters, I was just quoting AC Infinity manual and wondering why they say that when it's not true.

These settings are only available in Auto Mode, correct? I would say these settings are available for any equipment you want to run in Auto Mode, even lights though not the best mode for them.

Screenshot 20240227 174122 Drive

Last edited:
Top Bottom