Autos are 1 month old very small and started flowering

• Thread starter zavara2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

zavara2

Autos started flowring and are very small in size, should i start flowering cycle with nutrients? or should i delay?

Autos are 1 month old very small and started flowering
Autos are 1 month old very small and started flowering 2

TSD

TSD

You can't delay autos, they flower on thier own time-line regardless of what you do... or did you just mean start flowering nutes? I don't see flowers... preflowers maybe. How old are they? I have no advice on autos because I've done one and it was a disaster lol.

2Bad

2Bad

Looks like your DLI might be off too. They are very stumpy and i see some curling.

How many hours do you have the light on?

How close is it?

Whats the model/how many watts?

E

Edinburg

Are you under a full spectrum light? Autoflowers do much better under blue ir light, full spec light has red in the spectrum and can cause autoflowers to go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf out, as mentioned they need blue ir light, leave them bc you really do not have much flower to enhance.

MDK

MDK

Keep your lights on 18/6 is my suggestion....no real need to flip to 12/12 with them as they are not photoperiod. 6 hours rest should be plenty for them. Take it easy on them and let them stretch otherwise they'll forever be runt. They're a picky bitch

What had me scratching my head and was hard to understand was that whole the plant (auto) is quick to reach the flowering stage....the flowering stage isn't necessarily quicker (unless you got the fast bud version as well) mine too average time to finish at 9 weeks of flower...the 5 weeks of veg had me expecting 5 weeks of flower....if that makes sense

TSD

TSD

Keep your lights on 18/6 is my suggestion....no real need to flip to 12/12 with them as they are not photoperiod. 6 hours rest should be plenty for them. Take it easy on them and let them stretch otherwise they'll forever be runt. They're a picky bitch

What had me scratching my head and was hard to understand was that whole the plant (auto) is quick to reach the flowering stage....the flowering stage isn't necessarily quicker (unless you got the fast bud version as well) mine too average time to finish at 9 weeks of flower...the 5 weeks of veg had me expecting 5 weeks of flower....if that makes sense
Yeah that was a head scratcher to me as well when I realized that... kinda defeats the purpose of "faster" plant, because you can do the same thing with a photo by flipping it sooner and it will be bigger and probably better... so what even is the point of an auto? I guess that's why so many people hate them lol.

TomH

TomH

Yeah that was a head scratcher to me as well when I realized that... kinda defeats the purpose of "faster" plant, because you can do the same thing with a photo by flipping it sooner and it will be bigger and probably better... so what even is the point of an auto? I guess that's why so many people hate them lol.
My reason for growing autos is simple, in my Bay Area location, I don’t have a tent, just a plant on the balcony.
I can run a round of Autos early in the growing season without concern of the lengthening days. Later in the season, the light cycle that nature provides works for Photos, but in the early season, for me, an Auto or two allows me a grow.
Most importantly, it’s fun to watch things grow and learn.

TSD

TSD

My reason for growing autos is simple, in my Bay Area location, I don’t have a tent, just a plant on the balcony.
I can run a round of Autos early in the growing season without concern of the lengthening days. Later in the season, the light cycle that nature provides works for Photos, but in the early season, for me, an Auto or two allows me a grow.
Most importantly, it’s fun to watch things grow and learn.
Yeah they definitely have thier place, but in a controlled setting like a tent... they seem a little pointless to me. 🤷‍♀️

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Point of an auto is to flower in places on the planet that don't have 12 hours of darkness 🤣

Good for very specific scenarios but that's for another thread altogether. @TSD stop derailing threads! :)

TSD

TSD

Point of an auto is to flower in places on the planet that don't have 12 hours of darkness 🤣

Good for very specific scenarios but that's for another thread altogether. @TSD stop derailing threads! :)
Sorry Thread Police... I'll keep my stoned ranting to myself... I was under the assumption that posting on a thread with no responses was sometimes helpful to bump up the traffic. Obviously I know they are good for places with with weird light schedules, but most people that grow outside don't live near the poles... I meant for the average Joe in an average area... but thanks for trying to make me look like a dumbass lol. ✌️

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Are you under a full spectrum light? Autoflowers do much better under blue ir light, full spec light has red in the spectrum and can cause autoflowers to go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf out, as mentioned they need blue ir light, leave them bc you really do not have much flower to enhance.
I didn’t know this that’s good to know. My auto’s flowered in 3 weeks from sprout. I’m wondering if that’s why. I’m using 2 100w leds.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I never really thought of that lol. I wanted to do another run between my winter grow and my outdoor plants so I figured an auto would be a quick run. I should’ve just used a photo and flipped sooner lol 🤦‍♂️ I actually havnt had many issues with them so I’m not against them I just wasn’t a fan of the 1 week veg before it flipped lol would’ve liked 2-3 weeks.

bigxchris

bigxchris

I think I can answer the OP.

Some strains *push pistols* a heck of a lot faster than others.

What strain are you growing?

Just because you see pistols doesn't mean it's "flowering"

Cal-mag another week or 3.

Also...it looks like you germinated 4 different seeds at 4 different times. Was that intentional or are your 4 pots growing at that variety of speeds? Odd

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Sorry Thread Police... I'll keep my stoned ranting to myself... I was under the assumption that posting on a thread with no responses was sometimes helpful to bump up the traffic. Obviously I know they are good for places with with weird light schedules, but most people that grow outside don't live near the poles... I meant for the average Joe in an average area... but thanks for trying to make me look like a dumbass lol. ✌️

I was just teasing you! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TSD
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

You realize blue and ir, are at different ends of the spectrum.....?

sp838

sp838

My little bruce banner auto was only about 5" tall after about a month of veg when it started to produce a lot of pistils, and then it did its flowering jump and about tripled in height. I didn't know that it was "jumping" and thought it was finally growing at the speed i was expecting it to grow at from the start. Consequently I overfed it veg nutes a bit during that transitional phase and got some clawing and soil Ph issues.

I am absolutely not an expert at all but in my very limited experience I'd say keep an eye on it as it makes that transition and start tapering the veg nutes and especially the N down, start increasing the bloom nutes after about the second week of "jump" and definitely also watch your light intensity. The photone app is really very useful.

Point is a small stunted runty plant can and will produce dense thick frosty nugs, so keep on keeping on! And even if it's an auto it's still a living thing that is responding to the world around it. Mine was supposed to be seed to harvest in 11 weeks, it will be more like 16 weeks by the time it's all said and done. Good luck! They look pretty good to me!

AE80D8CD 8892 4157 8F79 5084680732C0

looked like this after five weeks:

72A8389B B070 440C ADF1 5D955773A360

Top Bottom