Browning Leaves Week 6 Flowering Help!!

• Thread starter TheCojn55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCojn55

Hey! First time grower.. using Coco Coir w GH nutrients PH of 6.2-6.3 through the whole grow. Using ac infinity 400 watt light and kit. One fan for the canopy above and below. Everything was fine up until this point. Starting to getting browning tips. Also brown leaves throughout the one plant with stunted growth on the buds.. or so it seems?! I’ll attach some photos from last week and today… any help would be greatly appreciated!

Browning leaves week 6 flowering help
Browning leaves week 6 flowering help 2
Browning leaves week 6 flowering help 3
Browning leaves week 6 flowering help 4
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Everything looks great. Add a little more calcium.
You can use Cal-Mag or top dress with a teaspoon of Gypsum then water the plant.
Should fix it right up. Won't fix the brown leaves but will fix the low calcium issue.
The bad leaves will fall off in time.

T

TheCojn55

Everything looks great. Add a little more calcium.
You can use Cal-Mag or top dress with a teaspoon of Gypsum then water the plant.
Should fix it right up. Won't fix the brown leaves but will fix the low calcium issue.
The bad leaves will fall off in time.
I’ve been using cal mag through the whole grow do you think I should use some PHed water and CalMag without any nutrients? It seems like when I added the nutrients it got worse or it could just be the progression of what was already happening? Also should I just use cal mag through the whole grow? I’ve used it every single watering up until this point.. Either way thanks for chiming in!!

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I’ve been using cal mag through the whole grow do you think I should use some PHed water and CalMag without any nutrients? It seems like when I added the nutrients it got worse or it could just be the progression of what was already happening? Also should I just use cal mag through the whole grow? I’ve used it every single watering up until this point.. Either way thanks for chiming in!!
if it got worse when you added nutes maybe its nute lockout

T

TheCojn55

if it got worse when you added nutes maybe its nute lockout
I was thinking the same but all the rest are flourishing! Don’t understand why this one isn’t.. I’m guessing it has something to do with the size since it’s smaller than the rest.. I don’t have anything to measure ppm just haven’t invested in that yet until I saw how this went! But I’ve tried to learn and take in as much as possible! I’ll definitely be using worm castings next time! And a slightly larger tent as the canopy is a bit crowded!

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

I was thinking the same but all the rest are flourishing! Don’t understand why this one isn’t.. I’m guessing it has something to do with the size since it’s smaller than the rest.. I don’t have anything to measure ppm just haven’t invested in that yet until I saw how this went! But I’ve tried to learn and take in as much as possible! I’ll definitely be using worm castings next time! And a slightly larger tent as the canopy is a bit crowded!
well i do not grow in coco i just remember what i seen guys here say but they all talk about ph should be lower , you might could try to flush with plain p'h water

B

benjones

when you next water , water only the plant with the problems and test the run off waters EC

also try not to let the coco dry out too much before watering .

how often are you watering ?

Nio

Nio

Supercrop those tallest branches so you can bring the light closer, most of the buds could use more light. 😊

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I'd have to agree with Mothman 100%. Your plant really does look great! It's in very nice shape, really.
You should reach around and give yourself a pat on the back bud. I'd suggest that you don't stop the Cal Mag until 2 weeks before you chop her. She will need the Calcium until then. The yellowing in pic 2 is just a little sun burn.
At this stage of flowering - No need to change anything.

Just out of curiosity, what bloom booster are you using? How much did you give the plant?
I cannot see any lockout related issues.
I use GroTec Monster Bloom 0-50-30. Works great at 1 gram per gallon and a light feed.

T

TheCojn55

when you next water , water only the plant with the problems and test the run off waters EC

also try not to let the coco dry out too much before watering .

how often are you watering ?
That’s what I thought the issue was.. possibly watering too much! I never let the soil ever get dry but since this happened I let it dry out a few days. Usually water from top till I get some run off every other day!

T

TheCojn55

I'd have to agree with Mothman 100%. Your plant really does look great! It's in very nice shape, really.
You should reach around and give yourself a pat on the back bud. I'd suggest that you don't stop the Cal Mag until 2 weeks before you chop her. She will need the Calcium until then. The yellowing in pic 2 is just a little sun burn.

Just out of curiosity, what bloom booster are you using? How much did you give the plant?
I use GroTec Monster Bloom 0-50-30. Works great at 1 gram per gallon and a light feed.
Liquid Kool Bloom by GH since all my other nutrients are GH I decided to keep it the same. A lot of the other leaves on that plant are starting to get yellowing too I’ll show you a updated pictures for today
Supercrop those tallest branches so you can bring the light closer, most of the buds could use more light. 😊
I’d be terrified to do that lol ironically it was the smallest plant for the longest time and everything was right around the same height!

T

TheCojn55

T

TheCojn55

Also I gave it 1 teaspoon a gallon of water

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

it looks like a calcium lockout, because too much K or too much Mg or maybe because of ph, lots of possibilities.

things i would change for next cycle, since you will only chase your tail with this problem this cycle:

-PH to 6.0 in coco
-Run higher temps with led's 80-82f without co2, it will help a lot with nutrient uptake and general health, only drop light intensity and temps to 75 last week or two.
-If your base nutrients already have it, test running a flower cycle without any calmag, it can cause more problems than help sometimes.
-Do a hood/hat for your temp/rh sensor so you get more accurate readings:

cheers

T

TheCojn55

it looks like a calcium lockout, because too much K or too much Mg or maybe because of ph, lots of possibilities.

things i would change for next cycle, since you will only chase your tail with this problem this cycle:

-PH to 6.0 in coco
-Run higher temps with led's 80-82f without co2, it will help a lot with nutrient uptake and general health, only drop light intensity and temps to 75 last week or two.
-If your base nutrients already have it, test running a flower cycle without any calmag, it can cause more problems than help sometimes.
-Do a hood/hat for your temp/rh sensor so you get more accurate readings:

cheers
I’m wondering if I should stop the calmag in general from here on out? I’ve heard that I should have stopped the cal mag a while back because my base nutrients do have it.. right now my temps are 77 during lights on and 45% humidity. Right around 70 and 48% with lights out. Prior to this week it was very hard to get my humidity down that much it was consistently in the range of 55-65%. Or do I just keep things exactly as I’ve been doing? I’m a little ocd so it will be hard for me to ignore the issues and I don’t want to ruin them by continuing this issue in the last few weeks..

Latest posts

Top Bottom