Browning Leaves Week 6 Flowering Help!!

• Thread starter TheCojn55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TheCojn55

yep if its happening only on that plant that's very close to the lights it can surely be it :-)
but it's not yellowing interveins or whole leaves/browning margins, it's spotted brown marks, witch make me think the plant showing the problem isnt because of too much light intensity/heat.
It’s not the light ironically the one that’s closest to the light is the one that’s doing the best.. I did raise the light though! Just some slight bleaching! That one in the back is so much higher than the rest I don’t know what else to do to make sure the others get sufficient light?! I even thought about adding another light.

Pilted

Pilted

This to me looks like classic overfeeding. When you over feed you get issues starting from the top down. This is because your plant starts getting nute lockout, which then makes the leaves sensitive to the light and start to burn. So now you got yellowing leaves that burn easy and it starts to look like too much light. Sadly the damaged leaves will not get better, to fix stop feeding and now that you have nutes lock out, you will need to bring the light back a lot. Most leaves will be affected at this point so low light keeping the damaged leaves alive and producing energy for bud growth will be critical

I would stop feeding and give plain old water only until you start to see a nitrogen deficiency on the bottom lower leaves. Then start feeding again at a much lower dose. And bring the light back a lot. Those damaged leaves won't be able to handle much light.

T

TheCojn55

This to me looks like classic overfeeding. When you over feed you get issues starting from the top down. This is because your plant starts getting nute lockout, which then makes the leaves sensitive to the light and start to burn. So now you got yellowing leaves that burn easy and it starts to look like too much light. Sadly the damaged leaves will not get better, to fix stop feeding and now that you have nutes lock out, you will need to bring the light back a lot. Most leaves will be affected at this point so low light keeping the damaged leaves alive and producing energy for bud growth will be critical

I would stop feeding and give plain old water only until you start to see a nitrogen deficiency on the bottom lower leaves. Then start feeding again at a much lower dose. And bring the light back a lot. Those damaged leaves won't be able to handle much light.
I like this answer a lot! I think it makes the most sense out of everything.. so just keep feeding the others that are fine like normal and the 2 affected, feed them regular PHed water?

Pilted

Pilted

I like this answer a lot! I think it makes the most sense out of everything.. so just keep feeding the others that are fine like normal and the 2 affected, feed them regular PHed water?
If you been feeding the same amount across all plants reduce feed on the others as well. Imo you really want to feed hard during veg, then start slowing it down gradually in flower. During veg they need a lot of nutes to grow leaves and nodes and branches. Once they start focusing on buds the plant needs less and becomes more finicky to high amounts of nutes. Me personally I feed feed during veg, first three weeks of flower I feed water, after the first 3 weeks in flower I slow the nutes down more feed water water , then feed water water water, and eventually just water. I'm no pro and I have over fertilized many plants. Until I figured out they need less and less the further along they are, my plants always looked like yours.

Pilted

Pilted

Imo it's a lot easier to fix under feeding them over feeding. It's a lot easier to see under feeding them it is on over feeding , and lastly the recover time for under feeding is quick and not much lost ( usually just a couple lower leaves) but over feeding it affects the higher mid level leaves and puts a major hurt on the plant for the rest of its life. Next grow I would try to under feed get a few leaves to show deficiencies on the lower leaves this is a good way to learn how much nutes you need. It's never as much as you think.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

hey brother, i’m not saying it’s the only issue,
obviously you know what your talking about and i never question it,
he has a nutrient/ph issue happening as you guys are helping with that, though i believe i see some light stress, yes it’s not common symptoms,. either way until the issue is solved the light should be raised to 25 inches or higher,.
Yep agree 100%, and yes that light is crazy close of that cola, it will fry the terpenes away for sure. Wasn't questioning you tho was just thinking out loud trying to figure it out.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Too high EC can cause lockouts because of osmotic pressure on the roots membrane, causing burns, lockouts, low yields and a whole bunch of problems.
One of the reasons I asked if you had a calibrated EC meter and how much you were feeding them, as you can see it isn't a exact science to find out what is the real cause, you have to go by variables.one by one.

Climate overall
Light intensity
Water management (not over not under)
PH
Feed strength
Pheno requirements
And so on.

But you have it happening only on one plant,. don't stress it, did you cloned that pheno and will run it again? If yes you will have another shot to figuring it out, majority of the plants looks great, you gonna harvest some good stuff, up your game for next round. Get that cola that's on the lamp and tie it a bit to the side maybe and raise a bit your lights.

You can't fix that problem atm, you have to try prevent it from getting worse and that's it.
Don't sweat over it too much.

Cheers!

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

It’s not the light ironically the one that’s closest to the light is the one that’s doing the best.. I did raise the light though! Just some slight bleaching! That one in the back is so much higher than the rest I don’t know what else to do to make sure the others get sufficient light?! I even thought about adding another light.
You can try raise the shortys with unused pots or anything strong enough that would fit.
And tie a bit the giant cola down. And get the light at a reasonable distance from all of them the best you can.

T

TheCojn55

You can try raise the shortys with unused pots or anything strong enough that would fit.
And tie a bit the giant cola down. And get the light at a reasonable distance from all of them the best you can.
Thank you all for the input I greatly appreciate it! Learned a lot just by coming here and I’ll take all of the suggestions into consideration! I would say over feeding is definitely the issue.. along with several other things! Not using a trellis really hurt me from keeping an even canopy, but as I said for my first time I’ll have some decent stuff to harvest just not nearly the potential it can be. I’m all about quality, not so much about quantity! I’ll learn from my mistakes! I’ll keep you all updated on the final product..

T

TheCojn55

Too high EC can cause lockouts because of osmotic pressure on the roots membrane, causing burns, lockouts, low yields and a whole bunch of problems.
One of the reasons I asked if you had a calibrated EC meter and how much you were feeding them, as you can see it isn't a exact science to find out what is the real cause, you have to go by variables.one by one.

Climate overall
Light intensity
Water management (not over not under)
PH
Feed strength
Pheno requirements
And so on.

But you have it happening only on one plant,. don't stress it, did you cloned that pheno and will run it again? If yes you will have another shot to figuring it out, majority of the plants looks great, you gonna harvest some good stuff, up your game for next round. Get that cola that's on the lamp and tie it a bit to the side maybe and raise a bit your lights.

You can't fix that problem atm, you have to try prevent it from getting worse and that's it.
Don't sweat over it too much.

Cheers!
One last thing since you seem very knowledgeable! What should be the climate at week 6 this is Skywalker OG and Bruce Banner both from my understanding liked a cooler climate so I’ve tried to keep the temp cooler. I’ve also tried to keep the humidity at a lower lvl but it’s been difficult without a dehumidifier. Anyway lmk what you think on humidity lvl and temp with those specific phenos? Once again thanks for your time and input

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

One last thing since you seem very knowledgeable! What should be the climate at week 6 this is Skywalker OG and Bruce Banner both from my understanding liked a cooler climate so I’ve tried to keep the temp cooler. I’ve also tried to keep the humidity at a lower lvl but it’s been difficult without a dehumidifier. Anyway lmk what you think on humidity lvl and temp with those specific phenos? Once again thanks for your time and input
Around ~80-82f ~55-60% RH would be pretty good the "whole" flowering with leds, for pretty much any cultivar, this is the temperature that will give you the fastest metabolism and photosynthesis without co2.

Last 10-15 days before harvest drop temps to 72-75f lower lights dimmer 20% and lower RH to 50% if possible. That will preserve your terpenes and help them swell.. But again don't overthink too much, let them do their thing and take good care of them ;-)

T

TheCojn55

Around ~80-82f ~55-60% RH would be pretty good the "whole" flowering with leds, for pretty much any cultivar, this is the temperature that will give you the fastest metabolism and photosynthesis without co2.

Last 10-15 days before harvest drop temps to 72-75f lower lights dimmer 20% and lower RH to 50% if possible. That will preserve your terpenes and help them swell.. But again don't overthink too much, let them do their thing and take good care of them ;-)
I told you I would be back at the end to show the final results and imo, they’re done! So I think they’re ready to harvest!? Only thing is a small number of buds are popping up with these white hairs. Almost like new growth just need some opinions on if this is ready to go? I think it is and maybe a little past. 8-10 weeks was flowering time and it’s approaching week 10 coming up next Wed. Don’t think there’s any need to wait longer? Here’s some photos for reference. Flushing has occurred for 2 weeks

IMG 5885
IMG 5883
IMG 5880
IMG 5879
IMG 5881
IMG 5882
IMG 5884
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I told you I would be back at the end to show the final results and imo, they’re done! So I think they’re ready to harvest!? Only thing is a small number of buds are popping up with these white hairs. Almost like new growth just need some opinions on if this is ready to go? I think it is and maybe a little past. 8-10 weeks was flowering time and it’s approaching week 10 coming up next Wed. Don’t think there’s any need to wait longer? Here’s some photos for reference. Flushing has occurred for 2 weeks
you have to scope them with a 30 to 60x jewelers loupe, i like 5-10% amber trichomes heads. Some like it 15-30% amber.
they look pretty close for sure!

T

TheCojn55

you have to scope them with a 30 to 60x jewelers loupe, i like 5-10% amber trichomes heads. Some like it 15-30% amber.
they look pretty close for sure!
Wanted to give you a few pics of the final product since you were a big help! I did pretty much what you said and just let it go.. I’m on to starting my next ones and I’ll be doing things a lot different this time! Well changing some things for sure.. just wanted to show my appreciation with a few finished product pics!
IMG 5991
IMG 5977
IMG 6047
IMG 6048

IMG 6046
Top Bottom