Browning Leaves Week 6 Flowering Help!!

• Thread starter TheCojn55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I’m wondering if I should stop the calmag in general from here on out? I’ve heard that I should have stopped the cal mag a while back because my base nutrients do have it.. right now my temps are 77 during lights on and 45% humidity. Right around 70 and 48% with lights out. Prior to this week it was very hard to get my humidity down that much it was consistently in the range of 55-65%. Or do I just keep things exactly as I’ve been doing? I’m a little ocd so it will be hard for me to ignore the issues and I don’t want to ruin them by continuing this issue in the last few weeks..
i would stop calmag since they are approaching harvest time in maybe 3weeks, and change ph to 6.0.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
i would stop calmag since they are approaching harvest time in maybe 3weeks, and change ph to 6.0.
Took the words outa my mouth

Btw no need to worry about the light distance there’s no light stress going on looks more like you overfed at one point

T

TheCojn55

So I PHed water to 6.0 for feeding a today after nutrients were added and watered everything as usual.. my run off is anywhere from 4.9-5.1 so not sure if that tells you anything but let me know what you think also post a updated photo of the progression of the leaves

IMG 5756
IMG 5755
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

not all phenotypes are born equal some are more prone to have this or that issue(s). it's not much different than human or any other species. Not all individual are equal regarding their health.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

So I PHed water to 6.0 for feeding a today after nutrients were added and watered everything as usual.. my run off is anywhere from 4.9-5.1 so not sure if that tells you anything but let me know what you think also post a updated photo of the progression of the leaves
runoff imho is useless info, for it to have any meaning it has to be collected without cross contamination from trays, and even than we just have to accept a higher EC in the media than what goes in chemical form, and normally also a lower PH than what goes in, chemical ferts are mainly acidic, so over time it will acidify the media to some extent, if you have a runoff of 20-30% (drain to waste!!!), very rarely you will see toxic salt buildup, given the plants are healthy and "eating" tho.

just see if the problem with that phenotype stop or not.. nothing much you can do at this time, the problem is already there and the "damage" already done, you will have to find why it happened if you choose to keep that pheno. Too much K ?Too Much mg? PH range of the media & feeds ? etc etc etc

This is dialing in phenotype growing, some are finick some not. like @HerbalEdu said.

Last edited:
T

TheCojn55

runoff imho is useless info, for it to have any meaning it has to be collected without cross contamination from trays, and even than we just have to accept a higher EC in the media than what goes in chemical form, and normally also a lower PH than what goes in, chemical ferts are mainly acidic, so over time it will acidify the media to some extent, if you have a runoff of 20-30% (drain to waste!!!), very rarely you will see toxic salt buildup, given the plants are healthy and "eating" tho.

just see if the problem with that phenotype stop or not.. nothing much you can do at this time, the problem is already there and the "damage" already done, you will have to find why it happened if you choose to keep that pheno. Too much K ?Too Much mg? PH range of the media & feeds ? etc etc etc

This is dialing in phenotype growing, some are finick some not. like @HerbalEdu said.
Thanks again for the input!

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Thanks again for the input!
No problem, btw how much EC are you giving them in general? How much base fertilizer EC and how much flower booster EC on top of that? Do you have a calibrated EC meter?
Cheers

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

If you look at the super bloom. I has little to No Nitrogen listed on it's label.
She will still need a little nitrogen maybe 125ppm at this stage.
Look at your Veg fertilizer. It should have numbers on it .

You need to calculate how much 2 to give your plant 150ppm Nitrogen. And top dress the plant that much.

Or calculate how much you need to add of your veg mix minus 2
So if your veg mix is 6 10 15
Calculate 4 10 18 for 150ppl and add the flower mix at the end.

I would not super crop anything at this stage. Maybe carefully pull it over a bit away from the light.

Last edited:
T

TheCojn55

No problem, btw how much EC are you giving them in general? How much base fertilizer EC and how much flower booster EC on top of that? Do you have a calibrated EC meter?
Cheers
I don’t I just follow the recommended doses on the chart for general hydro products specifically for coco.. I can give you the exact measurements tomorrow in terms of nitrogen’s, mag, cal, pk, etc. I usually do 5 gallon rounds and did a top dress today to see if that would possibly help. Next round I’ll be using a EC meter. What do you think of the combos that have PH and all 3 in one?

T

TheCojn55

If you look at the super bloom. I has No Nitrogen listed on it's label.
She will still need a little nitrogen maybe 125ppm at this stage.
Look at your Veg fertilizer. It should have numbers on it .
2- 45 - 28.
You need to calculate how much 2 to give your plant 150ppm Nitrogen. And top dress the plant that much.
It still gets nitrogen in the base material it’s a 3 parts system and the first 2 have nitrogen but the 1st has the most

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I don’t I just follow the recommended doses on the chart for general hydro products specifically for coco.. I can give you the exact measurements tomorrow in terms of nitrogen’s, mag, cal, pk, etc. I usually do 5 gallon rounds and did a top dress today to see if that would possibly help. Next round I’ll be using a EC meter. What do you think of the combos that have PH and all 3 in one?
I use a hanna combo PH/EC/Temp, i use the low range EC that reads in uS, but the high EC one that reads in mS will work just as good. 1000uS=1.0mS
You will have to calibrate it monthly and get at least the storage solution and the 7.01/4.01/1413uS calibration solutions too. The cleaning solution is good to have, (but only used every 3-6months).
Don't put it in pure RO/Distilled water, it will fuckup your PH electrode. (for calibrating you will rinse in distilled water but only for some seconds between solutions) to prevent cross contamination.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

geezus raise your damn light!,..
yep if its happening only on that plant that's very close to the lights it can surely be it :-)
but it's not yellowing interveins or whole leaves/browning margins, it's spotted brown marks, witch make me think the plant showing the problem isnt because of too much light intensity/heat.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
yep if its happening only on that plant that's very close to the lights it can surely be it :-)
but it's not yellowing interveins or whole leaves/browning margins, it's spotted brown marks, witch make me think the plant showing the problem isnt because of too much light intensity/heat.
hey brother, i’m not saying it’s the only issue,
obviously you know what your talking about and i never question it,
he has a nutrient/ph issue happening as you guys are helping with that, though i believe i see some light stress, yes it’s not common symptoms,. either way until the issue is solved the light should be raised to 25 inches or higher,.

B

BuffNuts

Bandaids also cure herpes. Throw your lights in a dumpster to avoid light burn forever. 100% guarantee..

Top Bottom