Fruit infused water for watering cannabis plants?

• Thread starter ItsMosher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skyhighmontana

skyhighmontana

Hey sky,

I hear you. But Eternal has it….add complex stuff to the soil, like nanner peels. It takes while to break down and does help with soil structure and deliver nutrients like K. Adding sugar only sparks an immediate burst in soil populations but they die off back to the normal starvation conditions as soon as the 100 octane fuel is consumed in a matter of hours.
I didn't know it only took hrs tho! Thanks for that bit of knowledge!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Its like throwing gasoline on a fire. Sugars are consumed immediately. That assumes the soil has decent microbe populations.
Hi @Zill,

Do you have an opinion about whether there are times during the life of these plants when adding sugars might be beneficial?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hey Canna!,

Happy Sunday to you! The bright sun came out and it’s going to warm here today.
We are 53F today, I will definitely take it!
Happy Sunday right back @Zill !

Z

Zill

Hey Love,

I know the web is loaded with folks touting the benefits of adding molasses and other sugars. But if you read what they say they actually say nothing other than it sort of feels good.

I am a huge fan of folks taking all sorts of waste vegtable matter and mash/ ferment that stuff to a liquid infused with all sorts of complex things that are broken down but take longer and can support a huge microbial population in your soil.

One last comment, if you feed your microbes sugar the populations explode and die off as quickly as the population expands. But the microbes surviving or spores pre predisposed to eating high octane fuel and will prefer that instead of the other harder to digest food.

There is no part of a plants life cycle that is enhanced by you feeding it sugar or molasses.

Zill.

Gtglicky3

Gtglicky3

Hey Love,

I know the web is loaded with folks touting the benefits of adding molasses and other sugars. But if you read what they say they actually say nothing other than it sort of feels good.

I am a huge fan of folks taking all sorts of waste vegtable matter and mash/ ferment that stuff to a liquid infused with all sorts of complex things that are broken down but take longer and can support a huge microbial population in your soil.

One last comment, if you feed your microbes sugar the populations explode and die off as quickly as the population expands. But the microbes surviving or spores pre predisposed to eating high octane fuel and will prefer that instead of the other harder to digest food.

There is no part of a plants life cycle that is enhanced by you feeding it sugar or molasses.

Zill.
From Google word for word
Unsulfured molasses is full of micronutrients such as calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium which helps enzyme function and maintains protein structures in a microorganism. (Fun fact: up to a billion bacteria can be found living in one teaspoon of soil!)
That’s why I use molasses not because of the sugar
IMG 0667
IMG 0668

Just like most people don’t realize

coffee grounds includes 2% nitrogen, 0.06% phosphorous, 0.6% potassium, and micronutrients like calcium, magnesium, boron, copper, iron, and zinc that benefit plants by encouraging healthy growth

Z

Zill

GT,

Like I said you can find anything on the WWW. Read a list component list and relative concentrations in molasses. sure thing, it has all those “mineral contaminants”. But take a peek at the relative concentrations. Very insignificant. You’ll still be adding your favorite over priced liquid “organic” fertilizers anyway.

Like I’ve also said…it you think it benefits your crop use it. A good night sleep has to worth something.

Zill.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hey Love,

Zill.
Thanks. You may be right. It's difficult to ignore anecdotal accounts, though. They may not be accurate, but, then again, there's often something there, even if it wasn't what was expected.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
But the microbes surviving or spores pre predisposed to eating high octane fuel and will prefer that instead of the other harder to digest food.
What if it's the last thing done before harvest? Would this selective breeding matter then?

Z

Zill

LG,

Probably not much. Remember, under ideal conditions these bugs divide every 30-45 minutes. So whatever traits or set of digestive enzymes were inducted to eat sugars can be switched pretty quickly. Microbes are finicky bastards. There are strains that that simply ignore most carbohydrates but prefer maltose, for instance. Very cool stuff.

Zill.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I push sugars during ripening. I like the results. Try it. If you like it, great. If not, fine too. I've heard too much assertive bullshit from internet warriors and found too much of it to be just flat out wrong and this includes some advice from respected individuals that usually know what they're talking about. Also keep in mind that just because someone tells you something shouldn't work, it doesn't mean that it won't. They may not be able to explain to you how it works but that's different. Twenty years ago I would have told you that there was no possible way that topicals would mediate pain responses. We didn't know enough about a lot of receptors and pathways that have since been elucidated.This is an easy one that you should be able to try for not too much time or money and make up your own mind.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Hey sky,

I hear you. But Eternal has it….add complex stuff to the soil, like nanner peels. It takes while to break down and does help with soil structure and deliver nutrients like K. Adding sugar only sparks an immediate burst in soil populations but they die off back to the normal starvation conditions as soon as the 100 octane fuel is consumed in a matter of hours.
True you can only have in your soil long term what your plant can support via root exudates.

E

EternalSun

The Native Americans taught the Pilgrims how to use fish remains, and manure as corn fertilizer. I wasn’t there, but hopefully their corn still tasted like corn…

Last edited:
Top Bottom