Grow diary mission impossible (low to medium budget lol)

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Maybe you can elaborate a little more on those bags! Are they breathable? Or just flexible plastic. They don’t quite look like fabric.. I would kind of expect to see more staining on the outside, if the water was able to penetrate. If they aren’t breathable, then you may have to help them out with drainage, and maybe get them up off the floor. And 1 gallon non-breathable will probably get fairly root bound. If the plants are that big. I just don’t like the looks of them, but I don’t know anything about them.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Maybe you can elaborate a little more on those bags! Are they breathable? Or just flexible plastic. They don’t quite look like fabric.. I would kind of expect to see more staining on the outside, if the water was able to penetrate. If they aren’t breathable, then you may have to help them out with drainage, and maybe get them up off the floor. And 1 gallon non-breathable will probably get fairly root bound. If the plants are that big. I just don’t like the looks of them, but I don’t know anything about them.
Hey chucky! : ) yeah they are just plastic bags not breathable like fabric (there are holes in them but probably not enough) I’ve seen folks make more holes in these bags particular to help with drainage but i thought they were going to be way shorter lived in them than what has come : )

my only gripe about them is they are flimsy! I left them in the tote thingies because they are kind of supporting themselves off each other. I just got the final size pots (7 gal) that will absolutely be getting lifted off the floor and set up with a drip tray and screen deal.

The plant’s roots are coming through the bottom of the drain holes and are probably 4 inches long (im sure they are all way over due for their new pots) but im back to “ waiting for mike and the dirty boys to show themselves” before I start up potting. Which I feel is going to be in the next week or so : )

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Right on brother! And keep in mind about perlite. If you’re dealing with a lot of humidity, then more perlite will facilitate dry backs. And the opposite if it’s dry. I’m sure you’re aware of this. Kind of a seat of the pants, balancing act! Keep on keeping on!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Got the plants watered to day with their new “transition feed”. It says you can feed the plants up to two weeks pre flower and most of the plants have somewhat of a pre flower look. Theyll get that for a few weeks and then ill switch to the flower food : ) they aren’t stellar but they aren’t dead and that’s something hahaha. Im hoping to get the few im keeping figured out SOON as im (not going to lie im freakin tired of messin with all these plants) and just want to focus on the few and have the working room. Once they get in the 7gal ill pull the lower branches down and maybe a topping. I’m getting closer to getting that dehumidifier also! Thats super exciting because the RH has been sky high.
0C9A49D8 B500 4DB8 9A79 CF47B3FB206B

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Happy easter to everyone that observes and a happy sunday to those who dont : ) either way hope y’all are enjoying the day and your people. Got out into the shed this afternoon and things are moving right along. Definitely some changes since the last feeding in plant size and “coloring”. Im sure there is a shit ton off but things are doing things🤷🏼‍♂️😂. No more balls in my face for now, as I was out there checking today I was thinking “what the hell I cant be so lucky to have all these females out of this germination”, there are a few that haven’t showed sex and im willing to bet that those are the males🤷🏼‍♂️ everything else has shown hairs.

In other news I got the go ahead on a dehumidifier from upper management! Im going to pull the trigger on a real nice 70+ pint a day constant drain unit coming up soon, it will be the nicest piece of equipment ill have on this grow😂 super excited about it, one more piece of the puzzle.

I’m think im going to select my indoor finishing plants tomorrow! Im absolutely tired of what’s going on in my grow space and its more stress and grief than I care to deal with at the moment. I got bags and soil and it just needs to happen, IMO. I might have to make a little something for the plants that get put outside but I have some material saved away for that if its needed!
9F73FDB1 37E1 4A2A A2DE 0F543956B6A9
A96F840A CBBB 420F A23C 9ECFAD72B2F4
31A66070 4A3C 451E 8119 A4A3CB7E49C6

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Good evening everybody! Just checking in : ) got six of the fabric pots filled with soil/perlite this afternoon (along with a bunch of top dressing of the garden plants and shrubbery around the yard). Had my exhaust ducting come off from its exit point of the shed and outside (not a big deal), just needed some more tape hahaha. The plants look like they needed water today but not all of them, so im going to pick and transplant the indoor keepers to their pots along with the feeding/watering in. Im going to try and make the “rack drip tray thingy” too. On the list but might be put off due to rain and snow in the forecast is the final exhaust exit point through the shed walls, I dont want the snow or rain getting in before that is all sealed properly ( thanks @Newty for the motivation with that exhaust post😄) I think that’s it for now. Have a great evening everyone!
89D3295B 8308 4187 89E8 F702A775E50A
AFB3A2FA 2AD5 458D 8C3F 638AEDE4FFF0
64083B73 3E5F 4A20 8F5C BF4448DBA6E7
1F0914E8 FD6E 456B 8356 7A5925617CB3
7A9722A8 C71B 4C92 8BDE F4345908BDC8

Z

Zab

Lookin good. What you have more snow coming, dang 👾? Well it has been a strange winter thats for sure.

I did order a different dehumidifier it was a Midea and cheaper than what I was looking at, but I will see if it does the job, if not I can return to Amazon (should be here tomorrow).

I`ll let you know what I think of it. Or post some photo`s after I reach my 30 posts 🤯 happy growing.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Lookin good. What you have more snow coming, dang 👾? Well it has been a strange winter thats for sure.

I did order a different dehumidifier it was a Midea and cheaper than what I was looking at, but I will see if it does the job, if not I can return to Amazon (should be here tomorrow).

I`ll let you know what I think of it. Or post some photo`s after I reach my 30 posts 🤯 happy growing.
Hey Zab, yeah tomorrow and Thursday! It’s probably not going to “stick” but its going to be freakin cold and wet again after a few days of beautiful spring like weather. We’re getting far enough into the irregular winters for them to start being regular hahaha!

We’ll done! I was looking at a smaller one that was priced right and a few members here talked me out of that and I’ve been saving up to get a large capacity unit because I didnt really need one at the moment (so it worked out). They said the unit I was looking at would do ok but might just run 100% at full capacity and id be emptying it ever hour lol. Hell yeah would love some updates!

Can you not post pictures until you make 30 posts!? Hhmmm, I dont think I had to deal with that. Or maybe I was just all over the place and didnt realize it.

Z

Zab

I tried to post a pic in a DM before and it said that I need 30 posts I think.

My DH (not the american league) should be here tomorrow, I will surely let you know my thoughts about it, the reason I went for this is it was $150 less.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Just hit reply! Or, I don’t think you even have to do that! Scroll down to where it says upload photos. Hit that, maybe photo library, then pick your photos! Then hit add! And they will upload to your reply square. Then you hit insert! Then you hit post!

Z

Zab

I tried before and it would not let me post, i just get a popup stating:
You must make 30 / 50 posts before adding images to conversations
Anyway just testing to see if it worked

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
@Newty motivated me to get the ventilation a little more situated and after it fell yesterday it was just time to fix it up a bit. Made a temporary “duct thangy” with scraps I had laying around (one of my favorite things to do hahaha. Im currently working on the racks and risers for the “keeper indoor plants” pics of that to come. Waiting for the lights to turn on so I can get in there and make the proper measurements before i cut some stuff, along with the water/feeding and transplant of the lucky six.
E6CC231F C341 45CC 8C0A 3937602BEA95
CF2DAA28 5649 4E39 B9E9 B8DBF2A9DD35
3AAAF8EA CB1B 4BE0 9999 DAC57559246D
7B588B88 C3AA 4E91 9CAE B38EC2607734
F1D09A2E 5EB9 4540 9C2E CAD659B062FF
FA4A1F0F 3AD3 4305 BB93 FA0CDB2CA383

Top Bottom