Large Plants Vs Germination Dates

• Thread starter Bulldog420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What is the best germination day for large plant starts?

• Jan

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Feb

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Early March

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Late March

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Early April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Late April

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ken dog

ken dog

Here is some relevant information regarding early planting and late planting ...it seems that an early planting can cause a delayed flowering.
.http://boards.cannabis.com/threads/factors-influencing-thc-production.201152/

Fair use excerpt:

Contrary to popular thought, planting Cannabis strains later in the season in temperate latitudes may actually promote earlier flowering. Most cultivators believe that planting early gives the plant plenty of time to flower and it will finish earlier. This is often not true. Seedlings started in February or March grow for 4-5 months of increasing photoperiod before the days begin to get shorter following the solstice in June. Huge vegetative plants grow and may form floral inhibitors during the months of long photo-period. When the days begin to get shorter, these older plants may be reluctant to flower because of the floral inhibitors formed in the pre-floral leaves. Since floral cluster formation takes 6-10 weeks, the initial delay in flowering could push the harvest date into November or December.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting. I have observed the opposite.

For sure a seed germinated in July will not flower earlier. No doubt.

A May, or June germination, I have always observed the opposite. I have some plants that were late, almost May. Those are vegging hard, and my full season look like they are thinking of throwing buds.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

works both ways there Ken witnessed it as i gave clones to a buddy it was in early May.
The Weather was super great so he decided to throw them out door sooner little knowing the sun was only @ 13/ 14 hrs of sunlight haha , when i went there was like WTF its flowering or reverting back to veg

MrRojos

MrRojos

Thanks @Bulldog420 and I am sorry for going overboard.@seamaiden can you please delete the thread where I disrespected bulldog?
We all get excited sometimes but what I said was inappropriate big time and he didn't deserve that.
Much respect man and if you were in co bulldog I'd let ya kick me in the balls and then I'd smoke a joint with you and say sorry.:) us growers are prideful but I was a douche.sorry again bulldog and happy u accept my apology.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Thanks @Bulldog420 and I am sorry for going overboard.@seamaiden can you please delete the thread where I disrespected bulldog?
We all get excited sometimes but what I said was inappropriate big time and he didn't deserve that.
Much respect man and if you were in co bulldog I'd let ya kick me in the balls and then I'd smoke a joint with you and say sorry.:) us growers are prideful but I was a douche.sorry again bulldog and happy u accept my apology.
Well u cant say fairer than that can ya?a free kick to the balls is a rare thing indeed.

MrRojos

MrRojos

Lol rare indeed.
I was raised to be a decent person and in that thread I went overboard.
I'd hope he wouldn't take me up on that offer but I feel like if he did I'd deserve it and I'd laugh my ass off.lol

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Awe you two should get a room kick each other in the balls lol smoke a joint then go out and do something stupid haha fucking with you all ..
Indoor is never profitable compared to out door growing where its literally free
Then you have the risk of getting caught on the spot where as out door you walk up to the yellow Ribbon
One plant out door yields anywhere from 4 - 9 pounds a person could plant and walk away ..
indoor one plant yields anywhere 1 - 4 oz - to a pound at a cost of constantly baby sitting it .
Then you have soil to get rid of once grow is done cause of salt build up from using chemicals or even organic grown trust me i did stupid in door grows
Try getting soil or amendments in DEC you sure look stupid in line buying soils or what ever that time of the year
Indoor your caught guess what someone is going down cause of the numbers to even make it worth it ..
Trust me know one has ever made millions growing indoor people sure think its possible but it never has been or never will be it takes to much power and time
Sure people can get buy, But its a myth to think there going to get rich
I remember one of my first grows thinking dam i am going to make 50 pounds @ 2600 pound i am going to be rich 300 plants later and not even fucking close lol ..
Seriously if one played it smart he could make a living extra 30 k a year minus costs power n water ..
You think them drug lords made there billions from indoor growing or out door ??
I mean lets say a person decided lets compare yield, Cause that is really what its all about at the end so 10 plants out door and 10 plants indoor how long would a person have to veg to even get close to a out door plant in size then ask your self how many watts would a person need to circle that 12 foot x 12 foot tree
that is why you do not see to many Tree grows but Sog grows even that really does not compete with a out door plant ..
10 out door plants lets be realistic here 4 pounds per that is 40 pounds
how many indoor plants would it take to make 40 pounds shit load trust me

But as for this thread nothing wrong with starting up early in the year for out door season reason you have much better chance of plant surviving animal attacks and pest when there already 2 - 3 feet tall when transplanting compared to little dwarf seedling that a early frost or cold front comes in or wind gust and she is dead
Cid 0204010829
Flower romm 2
Gallery 11738 4816 73643

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Please link me. Welcome back @Bulldog420

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

I think that outdoor can be much much more profitable.. Some of these fields of herb I am seeing lately are insane.. (mine included) :) Once you have everything set up you just keep improving year after year.. I could see people producing tens of thousands of pounds here in the near future with 3 or 4 acres of full sun outdoor.. Start them pretty early ( ask bulldog when you should start them he seems a little sensitive on the subject "just kidding") I think the idea of growing massive 8 - 12 pound plants will be a thing of the past and producing a couple thousand 3 pound plants is much easier to do as far as supporting them and having to start them early june without any supplemental lighting...

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
O man, don't you guys know I am an amputee. Then you invite me to a ball kicking contest......Just playing. (not an amputee)

I could just imagine before the first kick......This is going to hurt me as much as it's going to hurt you....lol.

It's in the past, the future holds promise.

I think that outdoor can be much much more profitable.. Some of these fields of herb I am seeing lately are insane.. (mine included) :) Once you have everything set up you just keep improving year after year.. I could see people producing tens of thousands of pounds here in the near future with 3 or 4 acres of full sun outdoor.. Start them pretty early ( ask bulldog when you should start them he seems a little sensitive on the subject "just kidding") I think the idea of growing massive 8 - 12 pound plants will be a thing of the past and producing a couple thousand 3 pound plants is much easier to do as far as supporting them and having to start them early june without any supplemental lighting...

yup.

So in other words, hush it bulldog. It's an irrelevant point, because prohibition is basically over. I will cheers to that!

MrRojos

MrRojos

Lmao..I retract the offer:) be like a baseball bat to the nuts that's hilarious bro. @Bulldog420 please pm seamaiden that link so we can erase it.
Later bro and like I knew you would your grow this year is really nice and your killing it!
@Seamaiden donde estan boricua thank you:)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
outdoor seemed to be fine for 50 friggn years till the whole legalisation/medical MMJ star
No bro that toaster guy lives in austria, wears leather hot pants and looks like an oompa loompa.
LOL you are frikkn funny sometimes.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Yup with the light dep thing if a person starts early and gets plants in sequence 3 - 4 pound plants and rolling them over possibly have one big out door plot that you harvest naturally so in reality start in March with supplemental lighting and oil furnaces few green houses one Veg and clone only ..
This is where epaps might shine.. and of course solar power smart guy in a couple years could really pound it out 10 acres and could you imagine someone planting on couple hundred Hectares now your talking stupid yields

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

harvesting and processing is one serious job. But I guess with the right barns or warehouses and a 30 person crew with a couple dry trimmers and maybe some new technology you could get a crazy amount done. I think the way to do it is to make sure it's dried proper and then store it in a climate controlled cellar and deal with it at your own speed.

maya42

maya42

Mr rojos is still around? Og geezer. Most information regarding seeds started before February 15th indicates early flowering from what I've seen and experienced. I'd like to post so e trees this year but am behind from shit soil and prolonged sexing. I didn't plant for an entire month later than last year.
Beautiful plants brother.

I think you started at a great time. I personally believe anything in March you have to be on your game, and know all the tricks and hazards. April gets easier, and May is for an easy sailing summer. If I could grow 1000 plants instead of 100, I would germinate in May for sure. Anybody germinating before March IMO, is a sucker. Spending time and energy on a plant that wont outgrow an April 1st start.

Just my two cents.

I'd have to disagree. If I start Feb 15th, I can plant by April 15th to 20th on a good year......like last year. Mylater plants never caught my early plants.

maya42

maya42

I'd also state that my larger plants take longer to start flowering and longer to finish.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I'd also state that my larger plants take longer to start flowering and longer to finish.

Mr rojos is still around? Og geezer. Most information regarding seeds started before February 15th indicates early flowering from what I've seen and experienced. I'd like to post so e trees this year but am behind from shit soil and prolonged sexing. I didn't plant for an entire month later than last year.

I'd have to disagree. If I start Feb 15th, I can plant by April 15th to 20th on a good year......like last year. Mylater plants never caught my early plants.

Pics or proof? Or just coming in at the last second to stir stuff up?

maya42

maya42

Pics or proof? Or just coming in at the last second to stir stuff up?
No pics or proof to say, just noticing these particular things happening in my garden. Each year I find myself fretting over my larger plants seeming to be behind the smaller ones and in the end they are. Could be the genetics I guess. Never try to stir things up. Debating is one thing being a dick is another. As far as planting the seed, I couldn't really say as I only start mine on February 15th.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lmao..I retract the offer:) be like a baseball bat to the nuts that's hilarious bro. @Bulldog420 please pm seamaiden that link so we can erase it.
Later bro and like I knew you would your grow this year is really nice and your killing it!
@Seamaiden donde estan boricua thank you:)
Given that he's chosen to ignore my emails and this message, something tells me he's not going to be contacting me to remove a thread. :)

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
You talking about me?

Been real busy, but I don't recall any ignored messages......

Wait a min. I don't get PM's on IG. I use a computer and not a phone, so it won' t allow me to get PM's. My wife used to keep it on her phone for me, but IG wont allow two IG accounts on a phone anymore. I have been having the same problem with GCG.

Anyway, I will e-mail you just in case.

EDIT: Yup, I am an ass. Missed an e-mail from SeaMaiden.

Last edited:
Top Bottom