Mr dizzle's doubled's MPB style jockin log

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DaScoundrel

look'n good man. will stay posted to see ur final haul. very curious, as it appears to be quite like doubleds but not using co2 - 'cuz i'm also co2-less... and thinking of building to this 'mpb' setup.

i guess, come summertime, the most important purchase sounds like a chiller. I'd also like to reduce my plant numbers. I currently run a 15' by 13' room with (2) 5' by 10' gulleys ... each with 3 horizontal lamps over it ... and one more vertical lamp between the two gulleys. ebb 'n flow in perlite. trying to figure out the layout of the room with 7k HPS lamps. would i scrap the gulleys? thinking of having the inlet line each bucket... and at least one drip each bucket... and an airstone each bucket... but maybe just letting the water pour out the side of the bucket into the gulleys to return to the rez. under the house. would simplify things quite a bit. i'm all about cheap and broke. any ideas about vertical lamp positions with these gulleys underfoot ? or should i scrap the gulleys in favor of some 'xoxoxo' perfection ?

also, i'd prolly be going with lava rock 'cuz its close at hand... and i hate ordering or going to hydro stores more than i need to. Any ideas on something that might substitute for starting out with the rockwool? I'll put a link to youtube so you can see what i'm working with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUP3m1aIL1Y

thanks for the word.
- DaScoundrel

M

mrdizzle

nice video,achiller is biggest thing your right. I would scrap the gulleys, sounds like too much light hitting the water, but I like the res under the house thing extra waterfall effect. Its really easy to set up the plumbing for this system. I did it solo and it took me prolly 5hrs. x=plants o=lights is what i would do

xox
oxo
xox
oxo
xox

I root in rapid rooters

D

dj trichome

59 degree root zone will seriously stunt growth in any system - I dont see any pros to that!
im using drain to waste for this run tap water never thought of temp whats optimum?
if i gave it 59 what would be a tale tale symptom of cold shock?
im currently getting a dream MPb LIST together!!

M

mrdizzle

yea i think alot of people do exactly what you do, tap water comes out around 58 around here, I dont think the shock last very long in soil, decent buffer and prolly warms up after a bit. you can always boil a pot of water to mix in

R

Rolln J

im using drain to waste for this run tap water never thought of temp whats optimum?
if i gave it 59 what would be a tale tale symptom of cold shock?
im currently getting a dream MPb LIST together!!

dead plants - or ones that look like they wish they were dead...

D

dj trichome

dead plants - or ones that look like they wish they were dead...

all good here wew day 13 and all 3 of my strains are poppin bud structure !!
thank you guys this makes grow too much fun !

M

mrdizzle

I can only imagen what DD would do with this strain, the second pic is a hempy bucket, same veg time as the buckets, haha it wasnt really getting full love but just shows the contrast

M

mrdizzle

haha i can feel it coming, I dont want to guess the harvest weight, but it seems that every side of the plant the lights hitting, looks like a 1lb, but that would mean its a 12lb room haha, maybe not that much but i think 8 is very very doable

M

mrdizzle

wishful thinking never hurts, should be enough medicine so i wont have to grow for a while. I will also be donating as much as I can to people that are terminally ill

B

Boots Sugarleaf

wishful thinking never hurts, should be enough medicine so i wont have to grow for a while. I will also be donating as much as I can to people that are terminally ill

the whole idea behind the med buckets!

M

Mr.

How many inches away are the bulbs from the plants? Do you have to tie back branches to prevent them from growing to close to the lights? I commend you for donating some of your product to terminally ill people. That will be some good karma.

M

mrdizzle

def have had to tie some branches back, the bulbs are about 1ft from most of the buds, vertical can get much closer to plants, i also have fans directly underneath each bulb blowing straight up over the bulbs. My intake is pointed to the ground so the cold air comes in and then it shot up. If i stand on a stool i can feel the air bouncen off the ceiling.

yea, i went to the hospital to get my state card and i was in line behind some seriously ill looking patients and it opened my eyes to what MMJ is all about. alot of people think its a con, maybe for some it is, but we cant forget there are people dying horribly painful deaths. its like that saying better let 10 guilty men free that lock up 1 innocent man, i think it applies for MMj, i'd rather let ten stoners get high than lock up one seriosuly ill patient for treating themself

I

Inuit

Hey Mr. Dizzle,

Really nice show you've shared....thanks alot, and I look forward to seeing it finish out.

Be safe and all the best

I

Top Bottom