ViparSpectra LED Grow Light Discussion

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Currently using a ViparSpectra xs1500 pro for my second run with it (Banana OG 6 weeks in to flower) and am very happy with the results. I may need to upgrade soon as my grow space is closer to 3x2 than 2x2 and I’m having trouble getting adequate light across the entire canopy, but this brand have incredibly good lights for great prices

Redneckx

Redneckx

Currently using a ViparSpectra xs1500 pro for my second run with it (Banana OG 6 weeks in to flower) and am very happy with the results. I may need to upgrade soon as my grow space is closer to 3x2 than 2x2 and I’m having trouble getting adequate light across the entire canopy, but this brand have incredibly good lights for great prices
Just one plant, damn bro really nice work!!
What have you done? Topping, Lst?

G

growhard2

I've got the Viparspectra xs1500 pro in an 80cm x 80cm tent. I'm 4 weeks into flower, on full beans (100%) set at 12inches up it's burnt the tops of the collar's in the center. I don't have a par meter, I was running on a lot of the manufactures saying you want to be hitting 1000ppm. Thinking I need to be at that spec has sizzled a few tops. Now, Dr. MJ Coco at Cocoforcannabis, his website says 700ppm is ideal and with my limited experience I think he's probably right 700-800ppm. This leads me to believe that the xs1500 pro would flower 90cm x 90cm perfectly or maybe even 1meter x 1 meter if it's on 100% at 14''-15'' (38cm) off the canopy. I'm back at 75% for the last 4 days and the collar's on the side of the tent still look happy as Larry.

Grower1974

Grower1974

I've got the Viparspectra xs1500 pro in an 80cm x 80cm tent. I'm 4 weeks into flower, on full beans (100%) set at 12inches up it's burnt the tops of the collar's in the center. I don't have a par meter, I was running on a lot of the manufactures saying you want to be hitting 1000ppm. Thinking I need to be at that spec has sizzled a few tops. Now, Dr. MJ Coco at Cocoforcannabis, his website says 700ppm is ideal and with my limited experience I think he's probably right 700-800ppm. This leads me to believe that the xs1500 pro would flower 90cm x 90cm perfectly or maybe even 1meter x 1 meter if it's on 100% at 14''-15'' (38cm) off the canopy. I'm back at 75% for the last 4 days and the collar's on the side of the tent still look happy as Larry.
PPFD is the term. With the newer LM281/301 Diodes, 1000PPFD is too much 95% of the time. My best grows (health and yields have averaged 760-900PPFD in the last 4 weeks in flower.

G

growhard2

PPFD is the term. With the newer LM281/301 Diodes, 1000PPFD is too much 95% of the time. My best grows (health and yields have averaged 760-900PPFD in the last 4 weeks in flower.
PPFD Thanks Grower1974 🙏. PPM is how much juice the blue stick tells me I got in the flood and flow water. I may not be the smartest tool in the shed but my point was that light (xs1500 pro) up higher can do more? Happy to be shot down.

G

growhard2

Here are a bunch of mac1 x animal cookies, growing under 2 150pro. Running them on full blast. The produce really nice, dense buds. This is my second run with these 2 lights
Looking amazing dreamnfox.

What size tent is that one may I ask? 4 x 4 ?

And your lights are pretty high?

Do you think one gets better light saturation up high at full power?

Or is 800 PPFD on the top collar the same if the lights high at 100% or lower at 75%?

With the high cost of electricity now, I'm really interested in maxing out the little xs1500 pro that I have and having it run the most efficient for space and settings.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Or is 800 PPFD on the top collar the same if the lights high at 100% or lower at 75%?

With the high cost of electricity now, I'm really interested in maxing out the little xs1500 pro that I have and having it run the most efficient for space and settings.
This is a 2x4, lights turned up to 100%. Haven't checked ppfd on these, no signs of burning though

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I’d say leave the light around 18” from canopy and always let them adjust slowly to higher intensities. I will say this light doesn’t put out a lot of heat so maybe there’s another issue at play such as lack of air movement and temperature control? I had mine at 12” all the way through flower this run and am getting some nice flowers with no issues at all

IMG 5845
2023 12 11 14 30 34 907
2023 12 11 14 31 57 379
dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I just checked, the 3 tall plants are 9" away from the light, ppfd is 930. Nonsign of light bleaching or burn. These plant are in a well draining soil mix fed Nectar for the Gods and some dry amendments. This is my own recycled soil mix. They are also fed plain water through blumats.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

I just checked, the 3 tall plants are 9" away from the light, ppfd is 930. Nonsign of light bleaching or burn. These plant are in a well draining soil mix fed Nectar for the Gods and some dry amendments. This is my own recycled soil mix. They are also fed plain water through blumats.
930 is pretty good for flower, and probably around half of that for veg, you’re right on point bro ❤️

G

growhard2

I’d say leave the light around 18” from canopy and always let them adjust slowly to higher intensities. I will say this light doesn’t put out a lot of heat so maybe there’s another issue at play such as lack of air movement and temperature control? I had mine at 12” all the way through flower this run and am getting some nice flowers with no issues at all
Ok to answer my own question (without a par meter) using Dr coco's tests.

GGOGZin you're spot on to be at 18inches since I had some burning in the center, that's where I've raised it to now at 100%. Thank you my friend. The canopy is probably around the 700 ppfd, I'm coming to the end of week 4 of flower.

I'll maybe move it down to 16 inches next week, looks pretty good (considering my tent is 80cm x 80cm) to be in the 800-900 ppfd with this light.

125 inches
G

growhard2

Those screen grabs are terrible sorry. It's off his youtube review of the light if anyone's interested. At 16 inches the light is averaging 800-950ppfd with the highest numbers in the corners of a 2x2 tent.

GGOGZin

GGOGZin

Those screen grabs are terrible sorry. It's off his youtube review of the light if anyone's interested. At 16 inches the light is averaging 800-950ppfd with the highest numbers in the corners of a 2x2 tent.
Ok to answer my own question (without a par meter) using Dr coco's tests.

GGOGZin you're spot on to be at 18inches since I had some burning in the center, that's where I've raised it to now at 100%. Thank you my friend. The canopy is probably around the 700 ppfd, I'm coming to the end of week 4 of flower.

I'll maybe move it down to 16 inches next week, looks pretty good (considering my tent is 80cm x 80cm) to be in the 800-900 ppfd with this light.
Glad I was able to offer something that helped bud look forward to seeing your end result 🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom