Yellowing in a few different places

• Thread starter pulchripes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pulchripes

pulchripes

Here's them today, yellowing at the bottom and the last is a top fan leaf. They've had nothing since the transplant then flush for the nute burn, literally nothing, no water has been needed, they've grown a lot though, but this stuff persists, lights have been on 50 percent and 24" away at least.
20240404 231917

20240404 231933
20240404 231937
20240404 231230
M

MellowRello

Here's them today, yellowing at the bottom and the last is a top fan leaf. They've had nothing since the transplant then flush for the nute burn, literally nothing, no water has been needed, they've grown a lot though, but this stuff persists, lights have been on 50 percent and 24" away at least.
View attachment 2144968
That little leaf at the bottom would probably have yellowed anyway they always do. The rest looks like mag deficiency. The last photo is definitely mag deficiency.

M

MellowRello

FYI, you can't flush out dry organic nutrients. You can wash out what's available in the soil at the moment you water, which might be the right thing to do in an emergency, but: 1. The raw materials are still there and will continue to break down . 2. You also wash out the beneficial bacteria. So you can create TEMPORARY deficiencies even though the nutrients are in the soil.
On top of this, whatever you can see in the leaves as symptoms, are a visible indication of what happened in the past.
When you see a deficiency, it happened days ago, or a week ago.
When you correct it, you don't see the results for 4-5 days to a week or more.

F

FreshFoliage101

Have you tried adjusting the pH of your nutrient solution to see if that resolves the yellowing?

Sunasun

Sunasun

Late stage light stress. Exacerbated by an under developed root system. Another symptom of light stress, during seedling and veg stage, often not considered is a weakened root system.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
This look like light stress?
View attachment 2143451
It depends…lol
Seriously though, it definitely could be, especially looking at the other pics. Not uncommon for light and/or heat stress to cause all sorts of symptoms. Also dependent on the strain. See a little N clawing on the bottom leaf in that pic. That is not a symptom I would generally associate with light stress and I would want to watch my nitrogen until it’s sorted out.
could be low humidity, very common for me, all my plants leaf edges are turned up all the time I keeep my RH around 38-45% if I let it rise up to 50-55 they flatten back out

pulchripes

pulchripes

Late stage light stress. Exacerbated by an under developed root system. Another symptom of light stress, during seedling and veg stage, often not considered is a weakened root system.
What would you recommend?

pulchripes

pulchripes

Raise your light to 48 inches and lower intensity to 20-25 %
They look like they can be saved? The light is at least 24" above canopy now and have been for a while turned to 50 percent

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
could be low humidity, very common for me, all my plants leaf edges are turned up all the time I keeep my RH around 38-45% if I let it rise up to 50-55 they flatten back out
That's what I was thinking as I read the thread. I'm glad someone finally mentioned it. It can also be thought of as a high VPD. The plant transpires at a high rate, opening most of the stomata, curling the leaves upward.

Interveinal chlorosis indicates a need for more Mg, too. I keep a spray bottle with a mixture of Epsom salt and water for foliar feeding. It's the quickest way to supplement Mg. I read recently that this deficiency could be related to there being less UV light in the LED light spectrum. If so, it makes the case for being ready to supplement Mg.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
That's what I was thinking as I read the thread. I'm glad someone finally mentioned it. It can also be thought of as a high VPD. The plant transpires at a high rate, opening most of the stomata, curling the leaves upward.

Interveinal chlorosis indicates a need for more Mg, too. I keep a spray bottle with a mixture of Epsom salt and water for foliar feeding. It's the quickest way to supplement Mg. I read recently that this deficiency could be related to there being less UV light in the LED light spectrum. If so, it makes the case for being ready to supplement Mg.
Hmm that’s something I’ll have to look into about the UV. I just added my UV/IR bars back to my setup and have it on a timer for 5 minute intervals 3 times per day cycle defenitly gunna check that out!

Top Bottom