Basement lab

• Thread starter Greenjourneyman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Veg tent is vegging. Did some minor defoliation tonight. And will really need to get in there to transplant a bunch of those.

Pro tip: avoid root bind

Will tackle the bloom tent in the morning. They’re on the 4am to 4pm bloom cycle.

IMG 0787
IMG 0788
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

It’s been a minute since a post.
But these ladies are fried. Too much phosphorus and potassium. I was far too heavy handed with the happy frog this time around. I’ll be cutting this weekend most likely.
Some really pretty colors out of them though.
Keep growing.

🧬🌲🧚

IMG 0789
IMG 0791
IMG 0793
IMG 0794
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

It’s been a few weeks. And I’ve had some serious changes in the tents.
Bloom plants got chopped, not sure how much total weight they are still drying but I estimate in the 6-8 oz range, keep me going another few months for sure.

So veg tent has had a major overhaul. My t5 fluorescence panel shit the bed, which really really bummed me out, I’ve been using it for a few years with really really good results. When I went into the local horticulture shop, only to find out t5s are going the dinosaurs and the future is led only. So I sunk 250 into the phantom 1x2 panel in the last picture. This one goes to 11.
Also the plants in there were looking very very sad for a bit they’ve all come back really really nicely.
Keep calm and grow on homies.
🧬🌲🧚🌱

IMG 0799
IMG 0800
IMG 0802
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Happy Friday growers,
Ladies are developing nicely in the veg tent. They have really recovered from the switch in lights. Had some yellowing and general malaise when the new LED went in, but have become lush and green again. I took a fe wide shots as I am always surprised at how dense the foliage can get. It’s shaded and dark new the lower strata branches.
All of these will be going outside for my summer grow, just chasing the weather. Generally i wait till after June 1st, but it’s been a really warm spring, maybe outside sooner. I’m two thirds through the yearly cycle.

IMG 0808
IMG 0812
IMG 0813
IMG 0811
IMG 0809
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Also I was finally able to replace my shity home made tent. And it was really good I did, all the I wood under the Mylar was full of black mold and nastiness. But I was able to buy this nice little tent from a friend. These little plants are going to be my summer experiment. They are feminized seeds and I want to hit one with the silver cordial and do a little cross breeding action. Not that iM running low on seeds, but it’s always good to expand the Rolodex with new stock.
Grow on homies

🧬🔬🔥🌲

IMG 0815
IMG 0816
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I didn’t like how leggy those got when in the veg tent with my other giant plants. Did a quick transplant this morning into little bigger pots. The Jack Herrera is the runt of the plants for sure.

IMG 0817
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Also I was noticing some unhappy tops in the veg tent. Thinking it’s light stress, so I turned down the new cultivar light to 55%. And I have to say the plants are responding, noticed a lot more condensation to wipe off tent walls this morning, they are transpiring more again. Damn this is really a diesel light, straight cooking plants if my not careful. Wonder if it can power my bloom situation in the 4x4?
grow on people!

🧚🔥🌲🧬

IMG 0821
IMG 0820
IMG 0819
IMG 0818
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I took a little time today and moved the plants all around. Two chambers vegging now, just too many plants for the little 2x4 tent.
Second picture are the outdoor summer stock. They are going to be good sized by June 1st when the go in the ground. Then they’ll get huge in the radiance of the sun.
Holding some plants for a friend in the 2x4, and the beginnings of a breeding experiment, but I will post more on that when it really gets started. Just waiting for the super cropped plant to finish. Close to harvest, just waiting for some trichombes to darken a little.
Be well and keep growing.
🧬🔥🧚🌲

IMG 0824
IMG 0823
IMG 0825
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

King of the inconstant posting around here.
But some serious changes since last I threw up the pictures. We have moved the summer production growing stock outside, pictures in the next post. So indoors we only have a few things cooking. First off a male Mazar working on that breeding project, operation self sufficient for seeds. They way the seed banks are asking 8-10 bucks per is out of control, I can do my own breeding. Not sure what I’ll cross it with but stashing and collecting the pollen for now.

PRO TIP: alway keep seeds and pollen in freezer, extend their viability.

Also have a few clones and a blue Dream and black Domina in the 2x4 tent too. Really interested in breeding those to produce black dream or blue Domina. But fem seeds, so I will have to spray the silver cordial. I tried on the Mazar, but it was a male anyway so a waste of the silver.
The clones over on the right of the ten are banging San Fernando kush and golden nugget plants.

IMG 0831
IMG 0830
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Half the outside stock ended up in my backyard and the other half in over at a friends house. I am going to have to get in there an do a little trimming for yield and air flow. Been having the afternoon showers here and am starting to be concerned for the mold issues. I fought hard against it in my tents and I really don’t want it to strike outside.in years past I have planted t straight into the ground, but had rodent issues chewing on the stems, this year I went with the buckets to reduce that risk.
Be well and keep growing

🧬🌲🧚🔥

IMG 0832
IMG 0834
IMG 0833
lenhug

lenhug

Supporter
Looks amazing, loving the outdoor stuff.

Good luck with the cloning. Black dream or Blue Domina sound fantastic. One day I'd love to try my hand at that business but think I have much to learn before I get there.

AZreefer

AZreefer

Still working with my little clone army here. At least in my opinion I’m starting to get the sea monster octopi clones going here. First time I have been so extreme or rigorous with tying them back and stem manipulation.
Any advice is welcome on how I can continue to get them to bend to my will.
Last two pictures is just the veg hut, those former clones are really becoming plants in their own right. Really need to figure out genders real fast, they are going to run out of room in the root department.
I caught that starwars reference
I always drink coffee when watching Mr Radar.
📡☕🚀👾
I caught that spaceballs too!

AZreefer

AZreefer

Awesome read with mr.coffee by my side. Thank you for sharing for such a long time. These threads spanning years are so informative to see how peeps progress through the years. Your indoor and outdoor are worth bragging about. Id love to smoke and admire your hard work with you any day!

JaBy

JaBy

It’s taken me about 4 years to build up to that with gear and experience.
Three chambers of fully operational battle station to grow bud. Clone propagator, veg hut, and bloom tent.
Right now it’s kind of funny I have a bunch of plants that I do not know the strains or genetics.
In the big bloom hut I have Kermit Lab (KL), Mysty (myst), Blue Dream (BD), and the Randoms (rand).
The KL came out of a particular seedy bag I got on the black market about 5 years ago and I’ve just been planting a few at a time and stretching them out. as time goes on I’ll starting posting some pics of each of these.
The Myst Is straight up a mystery, I ordered some seeds from a European seed bank about 2 years ago and they shipped me 5 freebies without a label. It’s an indica, but that’s all I know. So being a dnd dork I’ve dubbed it the mysty-step.
The BD are pretty self explanatory. Those are some reg sees I got at the local hydroponics shop. Humbolt seed Co. I’m hoping for at least one male, as I need to replenish the seed stock, and those are some good Sativa genetics.
The final strain in my bloom tent are the randoms, the issue with these seeds is I truly have no idea what they are. I’ve been collecting seeds I find in my own bud or other peoples in the bottom section of my grinder for a while. So they are random seeds. I should have labeled them and all, but you know pothead. No idea if they will be male of female.
Sine this is the first grow with these seeds I am still unsure of genders. Once the lights flip over the 12/12 I’ve have a better idea what I’m working with. So I’ve got the clone army going in the vegg hut. 25 of the little guys, from 39 cuttings for a 64% survival rate. Once I know the genders of the big plants I’ll thin out any males.
The Lab has only recently reached its three chamber magnificence. So I have not had a harvest bloom cycle in my 4x4 yet. Very excited about the volume of yield I can pull out of the bigger space. Wish me luck
The best of luck to you.... hoping to see some fine bud pics... 🥹🤩

JaBy

JaBy

For the last two blooms I will have here in 2020 I am really trying to beef up and increase my yields.
yeah guys laugh all you want. Last harvest my per plant yield was average 5.6 grams, why even do it right. though I wasn’t complaining when I dried out 72gs. But still it’s a pathetic average, I see people pushing well over 100gs a plant on this forum. First and foremost those sweet new viperspectras are pumping 1500w of glorious full spectrum light into the bloom tent. Praise be to allah, lets the light shine down!
so to the end of upping yields I’ve decided to invest in some more fertilizer produces and increase my attention to detail and training for the plants. I spend the last few hours doing some veg stage pruning and trying to clean put the vegging plants a little. Hopefully this will have a lasting effect on them as then transition into the bloom tent. The ones in the 1/2 gal pots also rally need transplant some have long ass roots coming out of the bottom of the pots. I have semi-hydro thing going on, since the hard plastic tray int he veg tent keeps the h2o from wandering off.
Only two snaps from the bloom tent. But already seeing a difference of those lights!!! Buds still in week 4-5ish and they are just as big as the finished product for my last bloom cycle. Hoping that pitiful average of 5.6 ups to well over 10 for these plants, then for those in the veg tent coming behind, I’m hoping to push those close to an oz per plant. Could all be pipe drams.
As mention I’ll be a bit of a commercial for the Roots Organic Line. Buddha Bloom used every 2nd watering in the bloom tent starting 5 days ago, and Buddha Grow every third watering in the veg tent. I, liking the results, but also spending more attention with the soil mix, blood meal in the vegging mix and guano in the bloom, trying to pimp those essential elements. Nitro grow, phospho blow.
actually feeling like the I’m finally growing at the journeyman level. Just excited to see how it all spins out.
be well grow on.
nice bud pics.... 🤩 😍

JaBy

JaBy

Dear Farmers,
Ive done it, finally dialed in my veg tent. Middle tow pictures. I have lush and wonderful new growth. Evapo transpiration rates are off the charts and I have to wipe down the condensation in the tent each day.
Clones are totally ballin out, and even half of the bloom tent is in much better kit then it’s been lately. only a few plants left that were abused in some manner or other (bad pH, fermented fertilize, etc).

My Socrate Note: this may be my final posting fellow farmers. I’ve begun to tire greatly of this community and sorry to say have gotten quite board of the dribble discussed here. More that half of all postings are really simple GED google questions, “How long till done, Oh no what deficiency, how do I water, etc”. Our pandering to and solving these super simple problems for eachother is creating is stifling create thinking, problem solving and personal empowerment. I know it’s an immediate gratification world and America is especially culpable, but we’re not actually helping anyone. I really miss the scientific posting and tbreads about soil chemistry, vpd Charting, dwc design / construction. Thanks for the run of it THC Farm. Encourage personal mastery and empowerment.

Grow on…
Nice, Nice, Nice. 🫶 😍

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
King of the inconstant posting around here.
But some serious changes since last I threw up the pictures. We have moved the summer production growing stock outside, pictures in the next post. So indoors we only have a few things cooking. First off a male Mazar working on that breeding project, operation self sufficient for seeds. They way the seed banks are asking 8-10 bucks per is out of control, I can do my own breeding. Not sure what I’ll cross it with but stashing and collecting the pollen for now.

PRO TIP: alway keep seeds and pollen in freezer, extend their viability.

Also have a few clones and a blue Dream and black Domina in the 2x4 tent too. Really interested in breeding those to produce black dream or blue Domina. But fem seeds, so I will have to spray the silver cordial. I tried on the Mazar, but it was a male anyway so a waste of the silver.
The clones over on the right of the ten are banging San Fernando kush and golden nugget plants.
Nice now we are talking 👊🏻🤡

Def interested in that black dream. I have the genetics to make it, now that I read this man, it’s a great idea, I’m super not cool, ina outlaw state, so a lot of the newer shit, I have zero clue about, but is that a legit strain nowadays?

Top Bottom