Compost tea mix and schedule

• Thread starter xXRABBITXx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xXRABBITXx

I am new to Organic having switched from Hydro. I was wondering what and when people are adding compost teas to their grows.

I was planning a Molasses Kelp Alfalfa Casting and Guano mix. But I am wondering when to apply it.

I have 2 grows in flower 3 weeks apart and am concerned if the nitrogen from the guano and castings will have an adverse effect during the flower stage.

Thanks in Advance!

X

xXRABBITXx

C

climbit

If it were me I’d just remove the bat guano. The cast should provide ample amounts of nitrogen until the thickest part of flower. This way you can fade on time. Assuming you’re talking about the plants in the forefront, I’d think it’s a perfect time.

C

climbit

That's what I was thinking. I am also using Mr. Canucks soil mix and GAIA green fertilizer schedule for a base line.
Had no idea bro even sold his own mix. Lmao I have to see it now. Have you been top dressing every 4-5 weeks? Do you use both bloom and all purpose together ?

X

xXRABBITXx

Just his mix recipe LOL. I used 444 for my starting pots. 40% 444 60% 284 bloom 75/25 soil/casting ratio for transplant pots and then a casting bloom top dress at week 4.

S

su98

just made some eggshell & vinegar - Ca you can ferment anything ....living
good luck happy growing

S

su98

I am new to Organic having switched from Hydro. I was wondering what and when people are adding compost teas to their grows.

I was planning a Molasses Kelp Alfalfa Casting and Guano mix. But I am wondering when to apply it.

I have 2 grows in flower 3 weeks apart and am concerned if the nitrogen from the guano and castings will have an adverse effect during the flower stage.

Thanks in Advance!
not Molasses brown sugar is best Create some ferment & break down the goodies

Natep

Natep

I make all kinds of differnt fertilizer for my living organic grow. I amend with build a soil craft blend and worm casting. I would recommend making some aloe Vera fpj and some cantaloupe fpj. Also water soluble calcium and water soluble phosphorus. Check out build a soil. Jeremy Silva has a bunch of really good info. Throw most of what you learned from hydro away.

hillbil

hillbil

I do use “feeding tea” since I use 1 or 2 gallon containers. Alfalfa is in most everything I bubble, 1tbs/gallon and Kelp half same dose or a shot of Kmag. I usually top dress at 4 weeks with Fish Bone Meal and my castings.
Generally alternate clear rainwater, EWC Tea and the Alfalfa Tea each watering.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

As you are flowering you don't want to be introducing a lot of nitrogen after about week 3.
Make sure your creating a high Potassium and Phosphorus solution.
Look up brewers yeast cannabis. This is great for flowering.
Maybe give this a quick read.

Top Bottom