Finding extremely tiny white bugs

• Thread starter Trippie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Eledin

Eledin

Oh as for the general hydroponics exile I see they use fatty potassium, the same thing you can get if you just buy potassium soap which will probably be cheaper and equally efective. If you dont see anything on the leaves though, dont spray them unless you wanna do a preentive spraying once in veg and once before flower (once the pistils show up its better to not spray them with anything unless youre gonna wash the buds after harvest, and things like neem oil are a no no cause they dont go away with water).

Eledin

Eledin

And again, if the problem doesnt solve with diatomaceous earth, you might need to buy nematodes or bacillus thuringiensis. I recommend the later if you want them to be protected at all times. Im not sure how deep those fuckers are putting their larvae cause Im not sure what they are. But if they are indeed root aphids they are deep.

Eledin

Eledin

If you cant find where to buy bacillus thuringiensis (which I doubt, its in a lot of good microorganism mixes) I use Tarantula from advanced nutrients because here in Spain you dont have a lot of options, here is what you get:

All of those microorganisms will process food for your roots and the thuringiensis will protect them from harm also.

Eledin

Eledin

Ah sorry for making so many posts, last one I forgot to mention something important. If you buy microorganisms in liquid form instead of powder form, store them in the fridge for a way longer lifespan, they kinda hibernate.

T

Trippie

This is what happens when you dont follow the instructions, I dont mean it in a bad way but I was very specific when I said you need it to be dry to be effective. Its okay, let it dry real good this time until the plant asks you for water and apply a bit more over the wet area. Just dont be impatient and let it dry otherwise youre just wasting your time 😅
I followed the instruction precisely and made sure it wasn't damp or wet when I applied the de. I have only watered my plant 1 single time since I transplanted which the watering was done 2 days ago due to the plant looking droopy and dry, the transplant was over a week ago. I understand how it works and how to apply it. But should I be applying more de everytime I water? Seems the moment the de ain't coated on surface they're are up there. And okay I'm going to look into the microorganisms. I appreciate all the help!

Eledin

Eledin

I lied, here is another one hahaha. This is how your plant looks when its thirsty, if you water it it will go back to normal, dont be afraid to wait until she asks you for water.

Eledin

Eledin

I followed the instruction precisely and made sure it wasn't damp or wet when I applied the de. I have only watered my plant 1 single time since I transplanted which the watering was done 2 days ago due to the plant looking droopy and dry, the transplant was over a week ago. I understand how it works and how to apply it. But should I be applying more de everytime I water? Seems the moment the de ain't coated on surface they're are up there. And okay I'm going to look into the microorganisms. I appreciate all the help!
I see, if you had to water it because it was already droopy then there's not much you could have done. Perhaps 12 more hours wouldnt have hurted it but I dont know, you know better since you saw it hahaha. No, dont apply more every time you water, this time is just to help it dry quicker and restore anything that could have gone deeper due to watering, and make sure more goes deeper when you water again. If it doesnt work, then you will have to resort to the microorganisms.

T

Trippie

I see, if you had to water it because it was already droopy then there's not much you could have done. Perhaps 12 more hours wouldnt have hurted it but I dont know, you know better since you saw it hahaha. No, dont apply more every time you water, this time is just to help it dry quicker and restore anything that could have gone deeper due to watering, and make sure more goes deeper when you water again. If it doesnt work, then you will have to resort to the microorganisms.
Okay thank you. If these bugs were bad for the plant would I already bee seeing signs? I haven't been too worried about them since they've been there and the plant is still growing and getting bigger.

Eledin

Eledin

Not necessarily, the longer they stay the more they reproduce, the more area of the roots they affect. Maybe theyre not harmful for the plant, but I wouldnt take any chances and theyre feeding on something.

Eledin

Eledin

I revisited all the videos you posted at once and after that I conclude that if they are not root aphids they look almost exactly the same. Kill them all!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I think, generally, speaking, fast, moving bugs aren’t harmful to plants! Maybe you have some springtails gallivanting around! Once again, harmless! Maybe not to you, but to the plant! In general fast-moving bugs are predatory! Even mites! Just try not to do more damage to the plants than the probably harmless critters you are trying to kill! Just my two cents!

T

Trippie

I think, generally, speaking, fast, moving bugs aren’t harmful to plants! Maybe you have some springtails gallivanting around! Once again, harmless! Maybe not to you, but to the plant! In general fast-moving bugs are predatory! Even mites! Just try not to do more damage to the plants then they’re probably harmless critters you are trying to kill! Just my two cents!
I won't hurt them if it's true, but will they start to infest and then cause problems? I was checking them too and I seen that if they move quick they're usually predatory, which these little guys r pretty quick for there size.

Eledin

Eledin

I think, generally, speaking, fast, moving bugs aren’t harmful to plants! Maybe you have some springtails gallivanting around! Once again, harmless! Maybe not to you, but to the plant! In general fast-moving bugs are predatory! Even mites! Just try not to do more damage to the plants than the probably harmless critters you are trying to kill! Just my two cents!
Dont they look a lot like root aphids to you? I have not had to deal with them, so your input is greatly appreciated.

T

Trippie

@GNick55 I get what your saying but that won't actually kill them just slow there reproductive down. It would take weeks if not over a month to kill them from dehydration, and a plant is not suppose to go that long without water, I've been watering when the plant tells me to(shows signs). Yes I am almost positive they are soil mites and they are reproducing. The plant was transplanted on the 8th of June and I watered it at same time. The following water was 2 days ago, and hasn't been watered again. The bugs live off of decaying organic matter (fungus, bacteria, etc). As long as there is a food source they won't die for awhile. When drying the soil out they go deeper and deeper so you necessarily wouldn't know if and when there dead. The bug is great for the soil and helps the plant in some spot especially funguses or diseases. But they are a problem in numbers and can infest anything they live in. More or less I just need to find a way to control them from being a problem. However I feel as if I don't need a bug to keep the soil clean, and before I put it in ffof 5 gallon fabric pot, I started it in a red solo cup with organic soil with little to no nutes, no bugs were in it and it did just fine . But in a way yes letting dry a lot and knowing when to water will regulate the amount you see, but will never really get rid of them. I think insecticide soap might kill them I'm not sure if I wanna use that. From all the research I've been doing I'm just glad there not spider mites. I appreciate all the help guys I do! I probably would have done something I probably shouldn't have if I didnt ask first! Also I plan starting lst tonight at 12 and wanted to make sure it looked okay after I'm done with yall.

Last edited:
mobshit

mobshit

dry out the top few inches of your soil by bottom feeding a few times. water will wick up through the grow bag. you can alleviate overwatering issues by bringing in larger clones, teens, etc so it would be less overwatered when stepping up in container sizes. Don't step up so big in container sizing and you'll have less issues. When you do step up larger make note of it and don't feed too often, but its always best to step up gradually in container sizes. overwatering is what promotes root insects. so managing the correct air to water ratio in the root zone is what sets the pros from the joes. this is where you will get the largest calyx size. first high of the day so not sure if my text is correct. these things are just in general maybe you can find it of use.

T

Trippie

dry out the top few inches of your soil by bottom feeding a few times. water will wick up through the grow bag. you can alleviate overwatering issues by bringing in larger clones, teens, etc so it would be less overwatered when stepping up in container sizes. Don't step up so big in container sizing and you'll have less issues. When you do step up larger make note of it and don't feed too often, but its always best to step up gradually in container sizes. overwatering is what promotes root insects. so managing the correct air to water ratio in the root zone is what sets the pros from the joes. this is where you will get the largest calyx size. first high of the day so not sure if my text is correct. these things are just in general maybe you can find it of use.
I am going to do the water from the bottom thank you! Also what is some good ways to promote more air to the roots besides a fan?

Top Bottom