First time grow in zone 9b, lets learn from my mistakes

• Thread starter cbrians
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbrians

cbrians

Okay, got a free truck bed of half rotted horse shit, and I mixed it with half rotted eucalyptus leaves trying to layer it in 50/50 ratio.

How long do I have to wait someone put this in stoner terms for me 💀

IMG 1889
IMG 1893
IMG 1894
IMG 1895
IMG 1892
IMG 1891
cbrians

cbrians

I know horse manure has to rot since it’s too hot.

And I read something about eucalyptus being harmful?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That looks pretty much composted! You can Google eucalyptus leaves! They don’t sound too bad! I don’t think horse crap is real hot. Obviously I’m no expert. I think with all compost, you’re not supposed to grow in 100% compost. You use it as an amendment!

cbrians

cbrians

Relatedly unrelated, I found two shop lights with the attached bulbs. Thinking ahead could I use these to help veg cannabis in the winter?

cbrians

cbrians

That looks pretty much composted! You can Google eucalyptus leaves! They don’t sound too bad! I don’t think horse crap is real hot. Obviously I’m no expert. I think with all compost, you’re not supposed to grow in 100% compost. You use it as an amendment!
I almost think I did myself dirty adding the leaves but oh well. Let it rot a bit. Apparently eucalyptus have some outer skin that takes extra long to break down, but I figure they’re all halfway there.

I know it’s not supposed to be used straight. The soil out here is clay and harder than my childhood, I bought about 100lbs of compost to amend with before I realized I can get it for free right down the street 🤦‍♂️

I got a 10lb brick of coco coir I fluffed up in the wheelbarrow and some perlite coming too. The clay gets so sticky and slick when it gets wet it will probably suffocate any seedlings I try and plant

cbrians

cbrians

Okay, plants are doing well so I’m trying to find other stuff to ask y’all 😂

so testing. I looked on amazon, found some thc tester things (T brand or something) for too much money. I could probably send some flowers in somewhere if I’m curious but probably also too much money.

I’m a big fan of the doob test, burn one and wait and see, but I’m also curious to see how strong whatever weed I scare out of these plants is.

Any cool at home ways to do it?

cbrians

cbrians

@Oldchucky I don’t know how you deal with this shit. Gonna be watering twice a day this week. I soaked everyone this morning and my zucchini are already sad. Cucumbers on the edge. Even my peppers are considering death lmao

IMG 1935
Mothman

Mothman

@Oldchucky I don’t know how you deal with this shit. Gonna be watering twice a day this week. I soaked everyone this morning and my zucchini are already sad. Cucumbers on the edge. Even my peppers are considering death lmao
It’s so hot where I am (“How hot is it?)…

It’s so hot my youngsters outside are wearing hats on their feet!

IMG 5739

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You’ve got it made in the shade!

Latest posts

Top Bottom