First time grow in zone 9b, lets learn from my mistakes

• Thread starter cbrians
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbrians

cbrians

Okay, got a free truck bed of half rotted horse shit, and I mixed it with half rotted eucalyptus leaves trying to layer it in 50/50 ratio.

How long do I have to wait someone put this in stoner terms for me 💀

IMG 1889
IMG 1893
IMG 1894
IMG 1895
IMG 1892
IMG 1891
cbrians

cbrians

I know horse manure has to rot since it’s too hot.

And I read something about eucalyptus being harmful?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
That looks pretty much composted! You can Google eucalyptus leaves! They don’t sound too bad! I don’t think horse crap is real hot. Obviously I’m no expert. I think with all compost, you’re not supposed to grow in 100% compost. You use it as an amendment!

cbrians

cbrians

Relatedly unrelated, I found two shop lights with the attached bulbs. Thinking ahead could I use these to help veg cannabis in the winter?

cbrians

cbrians

That looks pretty much composted! You can Google eucalyptus leaves! They don’t sound too bad! I don’t think horse crap is real hot. Obviously I’m no expert. I think with all compost, you’re not supposed to grow in 100% compost. You use it as an amendment!
I almost think I did myself dirty adding the leaves but oh well. Let it rot a bit. Apparently eucalyptus have some outer skin that takes extra long to break down, but I figure they’re all halfway there.

I know it’s not supposed to be used straight. The soil out here is clay and harder than my childhood, I bought about 100lbs of compost to amend with before I realized I can get it for free right down the street 🤦‍♂️

I got a 10lb brick of coco coir I fluffed up in the wheelbarrow and some perlite coming too. The clay gets so sticky and slick when it gets wet it will probably suffocate any seedlings I try and plant

cbrians

cbrians

Okay, plants are doing well so I’m trying to find other stuff to ask y’all 😂

so testing. I looked on amazon, found some thc tester things (T brand or something) for too much money. I could probably send some flowers in somewhere if I’m curious but probably also too much money.

I’m a big fan of the doob test, burn one and wait and see, but I’m also curious to see how strong whatever weed I scare out of these plants is.

Any cool at home ways to do it?

cbrians

cbrians

@Oldchucky I don’t know how you deal with this shit. Gonna be watering twice a day this week. I soaked everyone this morning and my zucchini are already sad. Cucumbers on the edge. Even my peppers are considering death lmao

IMG 1935
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
@Oldchucky I don’t know how you deal with this shit. Gonna be watering twice a day this week. I soaked everyone this morning and my zucchini are already sad. Cucumbers on the edge. Even my peppers are considering death lmao
You’ve got it made in the shade!

Top Bottom