First time grow in zone 9b, lets learn from my mistakes

• Thread starter cbrians
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cbrians

cbrians

Hey everyone!

I’ve been positing off and on for a few months but I wanted to get all my thoughts in one spot. I will probably tag all my other posts here in case someone wants to surprise me and be interested.

Second point of this is to hopefully help some new growers like myself learn things that can and can’t work, and that cannabis is pretty damn resilient. I don’t know much but I am very familiar with feeling absolutely lost on growing.

What I’ve learned this year by doing it wrong;

-you can’t take seedlings from your window sill to a green house and expect them to be okay. They need to adapt.

-if you top you cannabis and cut off the new shoots that YOU AREN’T SUPPOSED TO CUT OFF your plant will still grow. Might be a little sling shot looking but it will grow.

-140 degree green house is too hot lol

- boy plants are bad

-you can drown your plants pretty easily

What I’ve learned from doing it wrong;

-Weed is fucking resilient. Even with all the fuck ups I’ve done I have six girls going strong.

These are my girls as of today, on the backside of the green house cuz it’s fucking hot. Just transplanted to final 30 gallon pots in a soil blend that I basically freestyled 😬

First time grow in zone 9b lets learn from my mistakes
cbrians

cbrians

This is my first post where I learned about the whole hardening off thing.

cbrians

cbrians

this is the one where I learned about plant balls and the perks of having feminized seeds

cbrians

cbrians

This is the one where I toasted my plants. The second time.

cbrians

cbrians

first time roasting 😭

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
This is raw!😂 love it. Thanks for sharing your learning experiences! Reminds me of the 8 miles scene when MM finally hits back in the freestyle and fucks shit up!

cbrians

cbrians

This is raw!😂 love it. Thanks for sharing your learning experiences! Reminds me of the 8 miles scene when MM finally hits back in the freestyle and fucks shit up!
Hahaha thank you sir, I’ll gladly take any comparison to slim shady

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
Hahaha thank you sir, I’ll gladly take any comparison to slim shady
just make sure you keep mom’s spaghetti off your sweatshirt! Hahahahaah!!✌ its nice to fallow along with all the other folks here learning as much as I am.

cbrians

cbrians

🤣🤟
so, is the chicken coop solar fan working? 🌡️
no it sucked at blowing 😫 gonna get some more, maybe a few exhaust fans.

I wanna just put the girls out on the damn lawn but my wife wants it to be contained. ✨ legally ✨ they need to be in a locked unit but man. There’s so much sun here.

cbrians

cbrians

the corner we picked get shaded by these eucalyptus trees, we still get sun there but not as direct. Also don’t really know how cannabis plants tell the difference between direct and indirect, and when there is too much shade for them to tell.

IMG 1338
IMG 1339
IMG 1340
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Don’t worry! They know the difference! And they will let you know the difference! About time you quit, jumping all over hell!😄

Sunin

Sunin

that area looks very inviting
would travel in some successful outdoor grows threads here and catch ideas 😉

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Internet says it’s spider mites
I've had to deal with spider mites several times. They live on the underside of the leaves, so that's where you need to look for them. I usually cut off a leaf and use a microscope or a jeweler's loupe because they're hard to see. I tried many ways to get rid of them. What worked best is Agromagen GrowSafe. I also used a sprayer with a nozzle that can point upwards to spray the underside of the leaves.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cbrians

cbrians

I've had to deal with spider mites several times. They live on the underside of the leaves, so that's where you need to look for them. I usually cut off a leaf and use a microscope or a jeweler's loupe because they're hard to see. I tried many ways to get rid of them. What worked best is Agromagen GrowSafe. I also used a sprayer with a nozzle that can point upwards to spray the underside of the leaves.
Ordered! Thanks.

So, I think I gave my plants a little shock after transplanting then trying to move them around to the sunniest spot. Unrelated 30 gallon pots are fucking heavy.

Should I wait for them to recover before treating for bugs?

Amazon should deliver the stuff tonight, I get home from work about 6 am, wanna kill em off as soon as possible.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
cbrians

cbrians

This is where we’re at today. Transplanted on saturday, so 5 days post.

They have good color in my opinion, but looking a little sad. the ones I’m assuming are sativa from leaf shape are a bit happier. Similar thing happened when I initially moved them from inside to outside, I had about a week of freaking out and they came back.

I let the soil dry a bit then gave them a decent watering today, going to try and go back to every other day now that they’re not in the green house. Sure they will perk up but I’m nervous as we get closer to flowering. Any suggestions?

IMG 1458
IMG 1459
IMG 1460
IMG 1461
IMG 1462
IMG 1463
IMG 1464
F

Fishybass

no it sucked at blowing 😫 gonna get some more, maybe a few exhaust fans.

I wanna just put the girls out on the damn lawn but my wife wants it to be contained. ✨ legally ✨ they need to be in a locked unit but man. There’s so much sun here.
I feel ya on this. I built a greenhouse because the law in our state (mn) says locked and away from kids. My first test grow started last October and was finally killed in February when I couldn’t pump enough heat to overcome -20F weather. Started again in March and all was perfect for like two weeks and then on a 70F day my greenhouse hit 125F. Freakout! Had to totally reconstruct all of my ventilation and add in fogging lines for summer. I probably have to upgrade my exhaust fan too. Sized my fan to online calculators and learned there’s no such thing as too large a fan. The dynamics of getting a greenhouse to work well are way complicated. In your weather… holy hell… seems like fall-spring is the only chance.

Top Bottom