How to control temperature in tent during summer?

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
1 barneys farm, 1 kannabia, this is secomd fastbuds
Well, you’ll find out the hard way one of these upcoming runs if your new strain of choice isn’t as heat tolerant. Not all strains are the same. Just fyi homie.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

So I have rarely ever had any light cranking 100% output in flower, manufacturing specs on lights is hogwash. 1bc every strain is different, 2 that output will cook most plants. What is your put put set at for veg? own 2 ts1000 in a tent you should max out at 75-80%
Wow... this is a bit disturbing. As a new grower, I depend on the manufactures recommendations. My app says I should be at 75% power for veg, I just started that today.

Heat is an issue for me too. Currently 87.6 Degrees F and 45.4% humidity. (humidifier is running, the added heat seems to dry the air in the tent. I dropped to 36% humidity before I turned the humidifier back on.

I have the oscillating fan that came with the tent blowing over the lights to help keep them cool. (maybe I need another) I am going to try to move the light power unit outside the tent as you have shown to keep it cooler in there. I know it detaches from the light, I just need to see if the cord is long enough or if I can get an extension for it.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Well, you’ll find out the hard way one of these upcoming runs if your new strain of choice isn’t as heat tolerant. Not all strains are the same. Just fyi homie.
Oh and driver removal on a ts, it should have on the plate that holds the driver, little black plastic screws that you can remove to take the driver plate off.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Wow... this is a bit disturbing. As a new grower, I depend on the manufactures recommendations. My app says I should be at 75% power for veg, I just started that today.

Heat is an issue for me too. Currently 87.6 Degrees F and 45.4% humidity. (humidifier is running, the added heat seems to dry the air in the tent. I dropped to 36% humidity before I turned the humidifier back on.

I have the oscillating fan that came with the tent blowing over the lights to help keep them cool. (maybe I need another) I am going to try to move the light power unit outside the tent as you have shown to keep it cooler in there. I know it detaches from the light, I just need to see if the cord is long enough or if I can get an extension for it.
Well, I never go over 40% output, I have used mars vipar and spiderfarmer respectively and the light settings across all models in veg, never over 40% output.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

There is an army of us here who have been trying to catch newer growers and inform them of the light jargon. No need for more than 40%. Otherwise in my opinion you are tempting fate a bit

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Well, I never go over 40% output, I have used mars vipar and spiderfarmer respectively and the light settings across all models in veg, never over 40% output.
Ok, thanks.... I will lower it down. I don't know how to screen cap my phone... but yes, my mars app is telling me 25% seed, 75% veg and 100% flower. Even at 25% power I am still hitting around 83+ degrees F.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Ok, thanks.... I will lower it down. I don't know how to screen cap my phone... but yes, my mars app is telling me 25% seed, 75% veg and 100% flower. Even at 25% power I am still hitting around 83+ degrees F.
No need homie. Peep how squat my plants stay in veg at 40% at 30in

IMG 9667
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
This is a good read about light level:

There are charts that show recommended light levels for each life stage for autos and photos.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thank you! I am going to adjust now. I will need to raise my lights a little too... I am 21" from the tops, I will raise that as well. 👍
You can always dial it back in to the plant if the plant is wanting it, it’s waaaay easier to give more light to a plant than it is to deal with a crispy one. Less stress put on a fem or auto, the better.

Top Bottom