How to control temperature in tent during summer?

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HeadHunterpipes

Other is I like air on my LED boards .. cooler they run, the longer they last .
20191013 114608

Last edited:
Stokes

Stokes

So I have rarely ever had any light cranking 100% output in flower, manufacturing specs on lights is hogwash. 1bc every strain is different, 2 that output will cook most plants. What is your put put set at for veg? own 2 ts1000 in a tent you should max out at 75-80%

For real man ive never seen an LED that needed to be maxed out. I have an 8’ tent with the LED as high as it can go, week 2 flower and ~650 on the top of my plants @65% intensity. Thats a Mars with Bridelux diodes, could only imagine what the higher end lights are cranking out.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
For real man ive never seen an LED that needed to be maxed out. I have an 8’ tent with the LED as high as it can go, week 2 flower and ~650 on the top of my plants @65% intensity. Thats a Mars with Bridelux diodes, could only imagine what the higher end lights are cranking out.
Bro over the past 2 years I’ve had to Inform new folks of this light shit, I think over 100 times no joke. It gets old, but I really do hate to see well intentioned new growers get flummoxed over their plants, thinking they have to go nute crazy and they end up over correcting when alls that needed to happen, was to raise the light, and turn it down 🤨🧐😤
👊🏻🤡

BearWater

BearWater

If you were a hotdog would you eat yourself?
Supporter
Bro over the past 2 years I’ve had to Inform new folks of this light shit, I think over 100 times no joke. It gets old, but I really do hate to see well intentioned new growers get flummoxed over their plants, thinking they have to go nute crazy and they end up over correcting when alls that needed to happen, was to raise the light, and turn it down 🤨🧐😤
👊🏻🤡
Pretty sure I’m your 101st😂

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
is that to keep the vpd in optimal range?
Well... VPD is just a way to interpret the plant's environment. VPD charts provide a guide to the best settings for temperature and humidity based on the life stage of the plant. So, when I suggested raising the humidity, I just used a VPD chart to look up the best humidity for the temperature you posted.

And if those of us in the desert have to grow at a slightly higher temps will keeping the vpd in check make it easier to grow a good plant?
It's really about transpiration rate. As the heat rises, the humidity needs to do so as well. If it's hot and dry, the plant may transpire so much that nutrients and water can't reach all parts of the plant, and the plant suffers. An indication of excessive transpiration can be yellowing leaf tips. This results from depletion of moisture due to transpiration before enough reaches the tips to sustain them. This has to do with diffusion, or how moisture moves from a region of higher concentration (the leaves) to a region of lower concentration (the air).

My temp is slowly creeping and i still have a few levels of light to go. I looked up a vpd chart and i see if im close to 90 (currently at 83 but my light is about 90 at 100%) then 70% keeps me at .80. If i go by the average temps then im too hot and will stress my girls or would that be the case at 40% rh?
A VPD of 0.80 is unnecessary for plants beyond the seedling stage. The older they are, the higher the VPD can be.

I was trying to go with a 60% rh through veg but the more i read about vpd and balancing the humidity with temps to keep the plants drinking from the roots the more that seems to out weigh humidity alone given my harsh environment, yeah?
Yes. That's how it works. We want them to move moisture from the roots. Problems occur, as in your case, when insufficient moisture moves. That's why it's important to keep conditions within a range of values. Plants are adaptable, however, so it's important to keep in mind that charts are only guides.

One could think of VPD as a tool for adjusting growth rate by managing transpiration and respiration rates. A lower VPD means less movement of water and nutrients to the leaves and flowers and thus a lower growth rate. A higher VPD, likewise, would result in an increase in growth rate. The goal of the grower is to find the sweet spot between too low and too high.

AZreefer

AZreefer

👊🏻🤡
Copy. And removable driver is in order on payday.

M

MellowRello

My 4 weeks old fastbuds autoflowers in 70x70x160cm tent are already showing heat stress and I haven’t yet even put my 150w mars hydro ts1000 led to 100% power. Temperature is somewhere betweem 33-34 celcius atm. How can I cool the tent? I have them now on hot summer on 18/6 light cycle instead of 20/4, and those 6 dark hours are during the hottest part of the day.

I already cut away two big leaves that had suffered from high temperature from the front right plant.
Put the light drivers on top of the tent. Put a window AC or an indoor AC unit in the lung room. Exhaust the tent out of a window or into another room.

R

Rastakari2

They are doing pretty good, I had to remove some more big fan leaves. I put a 20w clip fan with two speed settings, on its lower speed setting. It has kept the temperatures at 32 celcius or below even with led at 100% and it is also just moving the leaves around, I think that aspect of it also helps with overheating the plant. Luckily it’s only really this one ish grow in a year where I might have problems with too high temps.

IMG 0486
R

Rastakari2

Today's outdoor temperature in my neighborhood is headed to the 90's and the humidity is too. I have Buuba Kush out there and it is growing like Kudzu. Although maintaining a temp in the 70's f should benefit the character of the final product, it doesn't always seem to be a requirement of healthy cannabis growth. Perhaps it differs with the strain.

Hi RastaKari, I was looking at your picture, your plants look pretty in there. I see the soil looks wet in the center and dry around the outside of some pots. Are you giving them a good soaking once a week? If the soil at the bottom of the pot or around the edges is dry, she will lose leaves as the roots try to grow into those areas. I hope that's all it is.

Little bit of heaven right there! Not long now.
I water them every 2-3 days with 0.6dl to 1 litre each depending where they are at their cycle. The planta were showing still the same stress signs after I started giving them water to the edges also

R

Rastakari2

is that to keep the vpd in optimal range? And if those of us in the desert have to grow at a slightly higher temps will keeping the vpd in check make it easier to grow a good plant? My temp is slowly creeping and i still have a few levels of light to go. I looked up a vpd chart and i see if im close to 90 (currently at 83 but my light is about 90 at 100%) then 70% keeps me at .80. If i go by the average temps then im too hot and will stress my girls or would that be the case at 40% rh? I was trying to go with a 60% rh through veg but the more i read about vpd and balancing the humidity with temps to keep the plants drinking from the roots the more that seems to out weigh humidity alone given my harsh enviroment, yeah?
For me I havent researched into vpd. I just try to keep rh around 30-65% and make sure all the flowers grow apart so they get enough air and wont start gathering moisture and mold

R

Rastakari2

If you have central air, get a piece of flex duct and have it going into the tent if you can. Remove drivers, keep the flaps on the tent open. If you are in a room that doesn’t get used and can close the door, you may consider finishing the run outside of the tent.
It’s a bitch for sure. We are all going to be dealing with it, what’s your lung room like? Window unit?
I live in the same room

R

Rastakari2

So I have rarely ever had any light cranking 100% output in flower, manufacturing specs on lights is hogwash. 1bc every strain is different, 2 that output will cook most plants. What is your put put set at for veg? own 2 ts1000 in a tent you should max out at 75-80%
I havent had problems with 100%, other than now on summer with high temps it has been issue. I start at 25% and increase it gradually to 100% during the first 4 weeks

R

Rastakari2

Oh and seedlings my output is crazy low too the orange and gray units in these pics is my flower room output settings and the mars is for my seedling shelf. Less is more.
I dont think I will need to, but not sure how I would remove that thing from the led light amd put it somehow outside the tent to create less heat

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I havent had problems with 100%, other than now on summer with high temps it has been issue. I start at 25% and increase it gradually to 100% during the first 4 weeks
How many runs with different genetics have you done?

Top Bottom