Official coco flush thread..

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hoobastank_enthusiast

50% will tell you to flush for a week, 50% will tell you that flush doesn't matter, another 50% will tell you that they don't even grow in coco yet still post in this subforum and all the while this thread is almost half my actual age. do what you want honestly it will probably turn out ok

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

50% will tell you to flush for a week, 50% will tell you that flush doesn't matter, another 50% will tell you that they don't even grow in coco yet still post in this subforum and all the while this thread is almost half my actual age. do what you want honestly it will probably turn out ok
exactly what i was thinking

Costa420

Costa420

I think there is alot of confusion ( and mis-information when it comes to different mediums) about flushing as well.

I used to do the 3-4 times volume of the pot flush deal, but I think it is a waste.

If I got high ppm, I run the water through until the ppm drops.

If I flushed every 2 week during flower or did not overfeed then the medium may not need any flushing nor have a salt buildup.

10-14 days flush, have gone up to 21 days. minimum is usually 7.

have done the molasses route and not used clearex and done fine. I think that was the tastiest run as well. Like to use fulvic/hygrozyme as well to try and get the plants to uptake all that is left in the stems and leaves.

flushing a bunch of only clean the medium not the plant and I want the plant to eat all that is left in the cells. Also may be detrimental to the plant flushing with too much water.

Some people's theroy is to lock out the plant and clean the medium. imho that does not do what is needed to clean the plant. I want the proper ph and optimal uptake to get the plants cells depleted. if the plant is locked out then the salt are stuck in the plants cells.

here is what I have done to test.

if you break a leaf off and taste the stem it will be salty.

after the nutes are depleted from the plant it will start to show colors. Break off a leaf and taste it then. not salty anymore. Harvest and cure for a nice clean smoke with white ash.
But whats your ppms and ph at chop down .

Costa420

Costa420

I have heard too many damn different things with flushing coco.. How do you guys do it? This is my first run with coco and I was just going to flush like I do soil, molasses first week then straight water the next.. Do you suggest using a flushing agent? only give a week flush? Any and all help is much appreciated!
I've been using coco for 12yrs , just 5.5/ 5.7 ph water , for 2 weeks as long as your run off is the same as it goes in , you'll be fine you can't over do it on the flush thats just a myth 👍 coco is the shit. You have 2 weeks to get your coco ppm down to water no flushing agent nothing beats phd water

Top Bottom