Papa's Propagation Playland

• Thread starter Papa Indica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I know how hard it is to quit brother! After failing over and over I finally quit by smoking herb all day everyday. Having that support system is so key and it sounds like you have each other to get through it. That first two or three weeks is hell but it gets easier until one day you don't even think about it and eventually the smell and thought is repulsive..
Oddly enough the first month was pretty much a breeze, it passed quickly, I just constantly had something in it's place, gum, hard candy, munchies, etc.
The second and third month were a different story though, they were hell. We're out past the 4 month mark now and it's just starting to get easier. My guts felt like they were in some kind of a vice that was being pulled at pretty much constantly for damn near a couple months before that 4 month mark though.
Like 35+ years of my life I smoked, it was so ingrained in every aspect of my life that there's nothing that doesn't make me think of lighting up. I'm finally getting that behind me.

incogneato

incogneato

Oddly enough the first month was pretty much a breeze, it passed quickly, I just constantly had something in it's place, gum, hard candy, munchies, etc.
The second and third month were a different story though, they were hell. We're out past the 4 month mark now and it's just starting to get easier. My guts felt like they were in some kind of a vice that was being pulled at pretty much constantly for damn near a couple months before that 4 month mark though.
Like 35+ years of my life I smoked, it was so ingrained in every aspect of my life that there's nothing that doesn't make me think of lighting up. I'm finally getting that behind me.
Keep going bro! I'm almost on my 4th year now and I can tell ya it does get easier. I can't even imagine lighting a smoke now. My wife is still a casual smoker and even with that I very rarely feel any urge to smoke cigs. Keep up the food fight, its worth it for sure

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Snagged a couple new shots earlier, still under the light so, not the greatest. It really drives me nuts that I have stuff start off getting real frosty and as it goes along it seems to go away and they just look oily. There's some frost but, by the way they started I'd expect to see them stacking it on like crazy now. :banghead:

Sour Secret
IMG 20160930 112439

First Sour Dubb.
IMG 20160930 112453

Jack Herer
IMG 20160930 112528

Second Sour Dubb, what you can see of it.
IMG 20160930 112547

Couple Chemdog D nugs sticking up. Along with some Sour Dubb nugs sticking their noses in.
IMG 20160930 112600
:happy:

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Couple nug shots just for the hell of it! lol

Sour Secret. This thing has the most beautiful smell and rock hard buds, hoping I found a real nice pheno of it.
IMG 20161001 153752

Sour Dubb.
IMG 20161001 153729

IMG 20161001 153734
IMG 20161001 153739
IMG 20161001 153744

I really hope I have some seeds developing in these lower buds, I'm gonna be super bummed if that pollen didn't take. I don't see any sign of seeds in them but, there's still a bit of time before they should be maturing so, hoping I just can't see them yet. Fingers crossed!

G gnome

G gnome

That first Sour Dubb has some foxtailing happening, don't think she liked her spot directly under the light as much as I thought she did. lol
Glad to see ur on track here pops. All looks good.
Thats the problem i had w the sour dubb. I dont think she likes to be pushed at all. My d.e. lights didnt go over well w her at all. But, as i always say "if ya cant stand the heat get outta the kitchen"

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hey @Papa Indica whats sour secret? I feel like I've asked this before lol. Looking nice and green in there bro. Good job!
Sour Diesel x LA Confidential. I absolutely love the LA Con flavor and like I've said before, it's been said by some of those "in the know" that the best tasting Sour Diesel comes from DNA in their crosses so, I'm hoping to find some truth in that statement. By the way this girl smells I just might! Mouth watering! I can't wait!

incogneato

incogneato

Sour Diesel x LA Confidential. I absolutely love the LA Con flavor and like I've said before, it's been said by some of those "in the know" that the best tasting Sour Diesel comes from DNA in their crosses so, I'm hoping to find some truth in that statement. By the way this girl smells I just might! Mouth watering! I can't wait!
Got me wanting to order a pack of sour secret lol

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

I wish I could get my hands on some LA confidential that is such a flavorful strain with a heavy body high. The real Santa Cruz is probably the best buds I've smoked though, I miss that strong earthy fresh soil smell and taste. those strains are non existent around me now :crying2:

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

I wish I could get my hands on some LA confidential that is such a flavorful strain with a heavy body high. The real Santa Cruz is probably the best buds I've smoked though, I miss that strong earthy fresh soil smell and taste. those strains are non existent around me now :crying2:
Why not pick up a pack of LA Con beans? DNA is still putting them out. I've thought about picking some up myself but, it seems like that flavor comes through nicely in crosses and I've got a couple of those. The Sour Secret, obviously, and I picked up another pack of Cataract Kush awhile back, which is LA Con x OG Kush. The Cataract is flavorful and powerful, gotta start some of that at some point, it's been awhile since I've grown some.
I'm pretty excited to try the Sour Secret, the look of it along with that smell and the rock hard nugs are really teasing the hell out of me.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

The Chem's would've been 10 weeks on Wednesday, they looked good and ready now so, chop! My Jack will be 10 weeks the same day, which is how long they said it should go but, it's not looking ready yet. Swelling up nicely but, just not finished. She might have a couple more weeks even, she is starting to get a pretty heavy fade going though.
My flower tent should be cleaned right out in about 3 weeks time, which will be crazy because I don't have anything that's quite ready to go in, I'll actually be able to tend to a couple things in there. I've got to put a new prefilter on my carbon filter, maybe even take it down and switch the end caps around. I also need to switch out my bulb, I just ordered a new Digilux, I haven't tried them yet, I hope I like it. The floor could use a good sweeping out too.
It's been since early in the year last year since my flower tent has been emptied out, giving me an opportunity to start up a batch all together if I so choose.
I've got so many different crazy things for beans in my fridge and I'm getting pretty tempted to start some, I just have to make sure I don't get myself overloaded.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Digilux is what I run @Papa Indica. I've had really good results with them ✌️
Glad to hear it, I'm hoping to find a bulb I really like, so far I'm not terribly impressed by any of the more expensive bulbs I've used. The $30 no-name bulbs I started off with seemed to perform as well and even better than the Ushio and Eye Hortilux bulbs I've tried.
I just started using HID lighting a couple years ago, before that I was using LED's with really good results, replacement costs are ridiculous going that route though so, I made the switch.
I'm back to using my MH again in veg after a long switch to t5's and now I'm getting ready to switch that back to LED. I had one given to me and I could use a little break on the heat level and the power bill so, I'm gonna give it a go.
Besides, you don't need as much power in a veg LED as you do for flower so, it is cheaper if you have to replace one of those. Ok, that's enough out of me. :facepalm: lmao

BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

Glad to hear it, I'm hoping to find a bulb I really like, so far I'm not terribly impressed by any of the more expensive bulbs I've used. The $30 no-name bulbs I started off with seemed to perform as well and even better than the Ushio and Eye Hortilux bulbs I've tried.
I just started using HID lighting a couple years ago, before that I was using LED's with really good results, replacement costs are ridiculous going that route though so, I made the switch.
I'm back to using my MH again in veg after a long switch to t5's and now I'm getting ready to switch that back to LED. I had one given to me and I could use a little break on the heat level and the power bill so, I'm gonna give it a go.
Besides, you don't need as much power in a veg LED as you do for flower so, it is cheaper if you have to replace one of those. Ok, that's enough out of me. :facepalm: lmao

Man LEDs have gotten my attention for awhile but the price scares me. But the savings in electric would be nice. Maybe I'll buy one at a time.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Man LEDs have gotten my attention for awhile but the price scares me. But the savings in electric would be nice. Maybe I'll buy one at a time.
A lot cheaper on power and they put out less heat too. On the newer stuff they really have the spectrums dialed in nicely, if you get something halfway decent anyway.
Before I switched over I was using the 405 Chrome from Lighthouse Hydro and it worked very nicely. A friend of mine was getting all put out because I was getting fatter, denser, (just plain nicer really), buds with that than he was with a 1000w HPS. He was just dumbfounded every time he'd look at my buds. lmao
If I could afford to do it again I'd probably give it another go.

Bill22

Bill22

If you are looking for something that can save $ on the electric bill, Boulder Lamp carries the 315w CDL Agro made by Philips Lighting (ballast made by Boulder), which is a ceramic discharge lamp. It draws 315w but purportedly puts out the equivalent of 600w of light with, according to their site, "...much less heat than any other artificial grow light, including LEDs."

Last edited:
Top Bottom