Tired of trainwrecking other peoples threads? Well then, come party at the captains! Trainwreck this thread with…….trains? Anything goes here……….

• Thread starter Captspaulding
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

FB IMG 1717690916578

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

@Captspaulding remember when i said i dont think ive ever actually had/tried durban and i'd love the seeds?

Well coincidentally the work homies had some durban at work today. And appears to be everything i would have expected of Durban from my look-see on the web..

Real happy i got those beans now. Sativa that smoke like this one does are getting few and far between. Has a hint of that cool sweetness when ya first grind it but it dips out fast. Hard to describe the main body of the smell though. It's almost like pleasant must and sawdust. Not quite pine sawdust but nodding to it. Hint of peppercorn. Doesnt smell spicey at all, but hint of fresh peppercorns.

Definitely unique, definitely have not had this flower before. The quality of the smoke reminds me of the GOOD oldschool, lime green, super buddy brick weed. Obviously higher quality and uncompressed. Just the texture/body/sensation of the smoke itself. I flashed back to that stuff soon as i hit it. Lovin it. A lot.

flash/no flash
441973405 1012851577106269 3721533303105246976 n

436510648 1524820704914157 6169384099313648428 n

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
@Captspaulding remember when i said i dont think ive ever actually had/tried durban and i'd love the seeds?

Well coincidentally the work homies had some durban at work today. And appears to be everything i would have expected of Durban from my look-see on the web..

Real happy i got those beans now. Sativa that smoke like this one does are getting few and far between. Has a hint of that cool sweetness when ya first grind it but it dips out fast. Hard to describe the main body of the smell though. It's almost like pleasant must and sawdust. Not quite pine sawdust but nodding to it. Hint of peppercorn. Doesnt smell spicey at all, but hint of fresh peppercorns.

Definitely unique, definitely have not had this flower before. The quality of the smoke reminds me of the GOOD oldschool, lime green, super buddy brick weed. Obviously higher quality and uncompressed. Just the texture/body/sensation of the smoke itself. I flashed back to that stuff soon as i hit it. Lovin it. A lot.

flash/no flash
View attachment 2188251
View attachment 2188250
All is right in the world

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Out of curiosity, and reguarding texture/body of cannabis smoke.

Does gelato make anyone elses neck muscles involuntarily tense (but in a pleasant way, lol) when they take a rip? Its the only plant/crosses that do that to me.

Does blue dream make anybody else's lungs itch, but in a pleasant way? Only strain that does this to me.

Does GG4 smell and taste heavenly to anyone else when you are smoking it, but when you walk into a room where someone else is smoking it when you aren't, smell like a dog just took a fat sh*t? (not in a pleasant way, lmfao) GG4 is genuinely one of my all time favs. But i hate walking into a room where someone is already smoking it. It genuinely smells like dog shit. Does not smell like that when smoking it though, obviously.

Anyone else ever grown a plant that doesn't get you high, like, at all? but looks incredible and everyone else loves it? I had this pineapple purple skunk once from MTG seeds.... it didn't like me.

I've been very curious about these things for a long time, but never really brought it up anywhere i dont think.

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Dry all day bilber ✌️ wet trim speeds up the dry too much for me. But tomato tomato
i do both, depending on the structure and consistency of the flower lol.

just to generalize sativas tend to get dry trimmed, indicas tend to get wet trimmed, but there are many exceptions to every generalization.

Really its a bud:leaf:density:environemnt ratio/balance thing for me.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Soil, the issue arose because I didn't inspect a clone before introducing to garden. I have got it 90 percent corrected but want to keep something around in case I run into another issue. Areas are clean. I used to do diatomaceous earth, neem, light soap and alcohol solution and basic rinses. Just curious if any worth while product have been created in past 10 years or so.
If you want to understand, truly, how important isolating and quarantining a new introduction to your garden really is.

Look up the hemp russet mite, and enjoy your nightmares because it's getting more common as fast as growing hemp in the large scale is.

In fact, anyone who thinks they have some holes in their pest defenses indoors really, seriously, need to understand that bug and get to work filling those holes lmao. Most of us are growing generationally inbred plants. Often in a micro-monoculture, Remember the Gros Michel? I don't, it was dead before i liked bananas. Another reason i tend to only breed with generational F1 plants lol. Future proofing ftw.

This is what a hemp russet mite looks like:
Operation Upshot Knothole   Badger 001

Last edited:
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

If you want to understand, truly, how important isolating and quarantining a new introduction to your garden really is.

Look up the hemp russet mite, and enjoy your nightmares because it's getting more common as fast as growing hemp in the large scale is.

In fact, anyone who thinks they have some holes in their pest defenses indoors really, seriously, need to understand that bug and get to work filling those holes lmao. Most of us are growing generationally inbred plants. Often in a micro-monoculture, Remember the Gros Michel? I don't, it was dead before i liked bananas. Another reason i tend to only breed with generational F1 plants lol. Future proofing ftw.

This is what a hemp russet mite looks like:
View attachment 2188300
Yup. I've read it more times than I care to recall. Mites white fly, etc etc etc. I bring in no clones since 2016. Ya live ya learn. Seeds or your own clones😉

Top Bottom