What’s this on my leaves ?

• Thread starter BackyardGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BackyardGrow

BackyardGrow

So I have about 6 plants and at least 3 of their foliage looks something like this? Can someone tell me

Whats this on my leaves
Whats this on my leaves 2
Whats this on my leaves 3
Whats this on my leaves 4
Whats this on my leaves 5
B

Bdubs

Root stress. Root space competition between the crowding.
3 leaf and single leaf growth is high stress signal, usually roots.

This is a 2 girls one cup situation. Roots are strangling eachother out for space. The strongest will win. You can tell which one is overpowering the others as she will be the one with 5 leaf growth still coming in. Or at least morphed 4 finger leafs.

Thats my guess.

But if you grow them out like that…expect airy foxtailed bud.

B

Bdubs

It is difficult to see but it looks like all the growth are single or 3 finger leafs. Look to the very bottom, do you see 5 fingers down below and 1-3 middle all the way up? I ask because if you can determine the timeline of when she started going from 5 to 3 fingers is about when she started having the stress. And if she at one time made 5 fingers, all that 1-3 finger growth is stressed out and not genetics. It seems they have been doing that for a while.

B

Bdubs

I hate seeing these girls look like one of my very first grows. I was putting 2-4 cuts in one hydro bucket. By the time they established good roots in the bucket, the weakest ones got the brunt end of the foxtailing and 1-3 leaf growth until harvest. While the biggest one was a little more healthy but still struggled. And I threw all that bud away because it was not good smoke. Cured good, smelt amazing, tasted good for the first month and then it flatlined into a harsh unsmokeable grade. When I pulled the root ball, it was a sloppy mess of entanglement, tight ball of intertwined roots. Normally one plant root ball upon harvest is loose as she wasn’t going to intentionally squeeze her own roots. But other plants don’t give a crap, they want that root space.

Top Bottom