Votes: 5 10.9%
  • I’d like to discuss other pot size options for the challange

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Newty

Newty

Supporter
Can someone confirm what a gallon is in pot size? Is it an imperial gallon or a us liquid gallon? View attachment 2207312View attachment 2207313

I can confirm that the gallon pots sold in the USA are 3.785 liters, idk if it's different in other countries.
It's a great question because if other countries use imperial gallons then USA growers would have a pot that holds 25% less medium and would be at a disadvantage in the 1 gallon challenge lol.

Newty

Newty

Supporter
it's not our fault that your gallon is smaller 😎
Yeah yeah Lol

But we can add in Nursery Gallons also, a 1 gallon "Nursery Gallon" could hold less medium then a gallon or more medium then 1 gallon depending on the manufacturer.
Then there's pot sizes such as #1, 2, 3, 4
#1 is considered a gallon but generally only holds 3L.

So when I buy a gallon of water here in the USA, it's 128oz.

How many ounces is your gallon jugs bought at the store?

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
As far as pot size and the differences between countries, I would say no more then 1.25 US gallons, 153 ounces to US gallons is 1.2 so having a 1.25 US gallon max size would make it easier and if someone decides to use something smaller then that's their choice.
Yeah I just have my 1 gallon nursery pots that I’ll be using lol

Tis’ what it is lol

Galgrows

Galgrows

I figure the flip date does a few things equalizes photos and autos, gives us photo growers a challenge opposed to the veg time freedom we’re used to
What if we want to grow both auto and photo. When i do this challange imma gonna want to run a couple normal photos along with maybe a auto in a 1gal. Oh but wait.........lol i do have reg seeds also i could chance it with one of those old beans i have and get a female. Ohhhh the possibilites. Mine will be amended soil mixes pisssst....secret sauces heeehee

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
It would be cool if a breeder offered 2 seeds for the cost of shipping or something like that, then everyone could agree on 1-3 strains for the competition and to join you pay the shipping cost for your seeds and orders must be in by a certain date.
I say 2 seeds so you have 2 chances to germinate in case 1 doesn't make it.
Would be a great opportunity for a breeder to show the quality of their seeds/strains.
It would be awesome, but maybe if there’s enough intrest in this one, it’s possible one will notice and offer, atm it looks like about 35 people are already interested, I’d imagine a breeder would love to see 70 seeds of their new cross grown out by different people to see how they do in the wild lol, and all showin in one single topic with semi daily photo updates, it’d be awesome feedback for them

Crazier things have happened! But we’ll get this one underway, there’s always next time!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
What if we want to grow both auto and photo. When i do this challange imma gonna want to run a couple normal photos along with maybe a auto in a 1gal. Oh but wait.........lol i do have reg seeds also i could chance it with one of those old beans i have and get a female. Ohhhh the possibilites. Mine will be amended soil mixes pisssst....secret sauces heeehee
I said it already, if enough people do regs, there may be a whole male category to compete in! I think that’s be pretty cool, I plan to run a fem seed, may pop 2 choose one and go to town lol

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

I said it already, if enough people do regs, there may be a whole male category to compete in! I think that’s be pretty cool, I plan to run a fem seed, may pop 2 choose one and go to town lol
I've grown a few nice males, I'm down with that.
20230319 100936

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Yeah yeah Lol

But we can add in Nursery Gallons also, a 1 gallon "Nursery Gallon" could hold less medium then a gallon or more medium then 1 gallon depending on the manufacturer.
Then there's pot sizes such as #1, 2, 3, 4
#1 is considered a gallon but generally only holds 3L.

So when I buy a gallon of water here in the USA, it's 128oz.

How many ounces is your gallon jugs bought at the store?
I believe in Europe, correct me if I'm wrong folks they don't really use "gallons" it's more 3 or 4 ltrs is common. It's all metric. You'd think they'd have the common curiosity to speak English🤣

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Love this. I got some autos I bred a couple years ago and will dust off the seed packages and pick one🙂

Top Bottom