The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Desertboy

Desertboy

Is it dangerous to use CO2 if you sleep in the same room as grow tent/cupboard?

Not if you use a co2 controller 1400ppm is the ideal spot but you need to extract heat of the lights!

So to add Co2 you need to cool the heat the lights produce otherwise you are extracting the co2 quicker than you can add it.

There are 2 ways people commonly get co2
1. Propane bottle (Orange calor gas bottles) they use a heater that burns propane to produce co2+h20+heat the h20 and heat need to be removed that's why most people use air cons.

2. Compressed co2 bottle much more difficult to source but can be found at welding supply stores. Doesn't add heat and by far the best way to add co2 but also most expensive generally and most hassle. You still need air con to remove heat of lights.

You can air cool the lights on a separate circuit so the air is sucked from outside the tent and blown outside the tent without changing the internal air in the tent this would severely reduce cooling needs.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I get ur point and im not biting.
I measure my success by the same standards as everybody else.
The entire mj community measures gpw OF LIGHT.

No US and Candians growers do lol.

Commercial growers of any product work on g/kwh of the entire grow area, heating, fans everything this is the only measurement that has any meaning at all for large scale commercial cropping of anything under lights not just cannabis.

Anything is really a meaningless measurement

G gnome

G gnome

Not if you use a co2 controller 1400ppm is the ideal spot but you need to extract heat of the lights!

So to add Co2 you need to cool the heat the lights produce otherwise you are extracting the co2 quicker than you can add it.

1. Propane bottle (Orange calor gas bottles) they use a heater that burns propane to produce co2+h20+heat the h20 and heat need to be removed that's why most people use air cons.

2. Compressed co2 bottle much more difficult to source but can be found at welding supply stores. Doesn't add heat and by far the best way to add co2 but also most expensive generally and most hassle. You still need air con to remove heat of lights.

You can air cool the lights on a separate circuit so the air is sucked from outside the tent and blown outside the tent without changing the internal air in the tent this would severely reduce cooling needs.
U cant air cool d.e. lights. D.e.'s need to run hot to be effective

Also problem w air cooled lights is the glass dramatically cuts down lumens and filters red spectrum and that goes for reg hps as well

J

JGreenGiant

Yeah man theyre badass. U shud do a lil diggin and see if they might werk for u......
Ok so now Ive established what DE's are, on the one hand you're asking another member if they are causing them the same problems and on the other recommending them to me! Whats it gonna be? :p

To be honest I did hear about them afew weeks ago in local shop (just didnt put 2+2 together with the acronym de, thought you were talking a brand or type of nute) but didnt give it much thought after learning had to replace ballast shade and obviously the bulb itself. seemed like a big outlay for what I struggle to imagine would be a significant difference.

You say otherwise? Would you say your investment in them was showing in much increase?

J

JGreenGiant

Think I'll stick to singing and talking to my plants! :)

G gnome

G gnome

Commercial growers of any product work on g/kwh of the entire grow area, heating, fans everything this is the only measurement that has any meaning at all for large scale commercial cropping of anything under lights not just cannabis.

Yeah? Is that how u do it? So ur probably in the range of .15 gpw? Cuz ya gotta take into consideration all the watts u used on all the plants u killed.....

Ur reading into this way too much. The formula is very simple.......gpw=
gm÷w=gpw. Shud i be deducting for how muxh juice my well pump uses to fill my rez? NOBODY DOES THAT!

J

JGreenGiant

Just looked at a DE kit on ebay and the ballast e-fusion looks identical to one I have, do you need a specific ballast or are any digis ok?

G gnome

G gnome

Ok so now Ive established what DE's are, on the one hand you're asking another member if they are causing them the same problems and on the other recommending them to me! Whats it gonna be? :p

To be honest I did hear about them afew weeks ago in local shop (just didnt put 2+2 together with the acronym de, thought you were talking a brand or type of nute) but didnt give it much thought after learning had to replace ballast shade and obviously the bulb itself. seemed like a big outlay for what I struggle to imagine would be a significant difference.

You say otherwise? Would you say your investment in them was showing in much increase?
Im not sure 100% if in fact the extra intense light is causin a specific strain to be a lil discolored. .....the added increase is very significant 40%.. They paid for themselves in the first crop.
Despite the fact that it is a lil hard on certain strains it still makes even those very same strains it causes foliage damage to to yield more..

Until recently half my rm was reg hps and the other half was d.e. i was consistently getting much higher yields w the d.e. side and hence the reason i went with all d.e.

G gnome

G gnome

Just looked at a DE kit on ebay and the ballast e-fusion looks identical to one I have, do you need a specific ballast or are any digis ok?
Im usin the same digi ballast as i was w my reg hps (lumetek) but if ya ask a sales rep they'll tell ya that ya fotta have special ballasts....fo figure. I been runnin d.e. bulbs in lumetek ballasts for over a year now and have seen nothing to indicate that its a problem. No broken bulbs or ballasts.

G gnome

G gnome

Really? Cuz im a U.S. grower and i dont....not to mention i know plenty of other growers also dont.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Yeah? Is that how u do it? So ur probably in the range of .15 gpw? Cuz ya gotta take into consideration all the watts u used on all the plants u killed.....

Ur reading into this way too much. The formula is very simple.......gpw=
gm÷w=gpw. Shud i be deducting for how muxh juice my well pump uses to fill my rez? NOBODY DOES THAT!

No need to get bitchy gnome we're all friends here, I've done a very nice MPB style grow under CO2 with multiple 600w on a single plant a while ago there are some pics somewhere, so I learnt a lot about efficiencies when I built that room lol I could use that room but it's just far too much hassle getting co2 to it it's in the attic and it's crazy hot in summer. I haven't grown a cannabis plant in 4 years until a few weeks ago lol and my nutrients are older than that ;)

g/w is a stoner measurement with no meaning as it ignores every variable except lighting which is not scientific lol.

May I add your work is very nice but trying to compare co2, air con room to air breathing room is like comparing apples to oranges

J

JGreenGiant

the added increase is very significant 40%..

Fortyfuckinpercent scuse me while I spray my coffee across the room! SOLD!!! Will have to wait a cpl weeks for the money but if thats the % increase then stoopid not to.....Can you run them with the 10% boost that alot of ballasts have?

G gnome

G gnome

All i can say is desertboy if ya wanna deduct every fan, pump, dehumidifier, fm radio from ur yield then by all means but ur gonna be on ur own. And feel free to put an * by my gpw.

Green bean....all i can say is give em a go and i guarantee you wint be disappointed. Anyone i know who uses em swears by em. Im normally not the kind to jump on new tech i like to see how they catch on first but the results from d.e. are undeniable.

G gnome

G gnome

Fortyfuckinpercent scuse me while I spray my coffee across the room! SOLD!!! Will have to wait a cpl weeks for the money but if thats the % increase then stoopid not to.....Can you run them with the 10% boost that alot of ballasts have?
I dont run em w boost man.....my rationale is run 1000w bulb at 1000w.

Just so ur aware d.e.'s put off a lot more heat so if ur struggling w heat dont bother

J

JGreenGiant

All i can say is desertboy if ya wanna deduct every fan, pump, dehumidifier, fm radio from ur yield then by all means but ur gonna be on ur own. And feel free to put an * by my gpw

Really starts cutting into your gpw if ya count your vape too! :)

J

JGreenGiant

I dont run em w boost man.....my rationale is run 1000w bulb at 1000w.

Just so ur aware d.e.'s put off a lot more heat so if ur struggling w heat dont bother
Thanks Gary, thats been very helpful!:)

G gnome

G gnome

No need to get bitchy gnome we're all friends here, I've done a very nice MPB style grow under CO2 with multiple 600w on a single plant a while ago there are some pics somewhere, so I learnt a lot about efficiencies when I built that room lol I could use that room but it's just far too much hassle getting co2 to it it's in the attic and it's crazy hot in summer. I haven't grown a cannabis plant in 4 years until a few weeks ago lol and my nutrients are older than that ;)

g/w is a stoner measurement with no meaning as it ignores every variable except lighting which is not scientific lol.

May I add your work is very nice but trying to compare co2, air con room to air breathing room is like comparing apples to oranges
Dude ur talkin fuckin nonsense. ...ur makin gpw into this incalculable number.

J

JGreenGiant

No, ur right. I get more than 1.5 haha. Just tryin not to brag....didnt want the guy to feel like too inferior haha
Yes my friend, i would certainly hope you were getting more than 1.5gpw and more like 1.66666666666 gpw, seeing as most I ever see claiming 1gpw are growing under 600w so yea Id be dissapointed at 1.5gpw under 1000w!:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom