WaKe'N'bAkE

• Thread starter 420alldaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I did my first BHO blast today with the trim from my most recent run. Turned into a perfectly bubbly goldenrod wax. Very please. Way to baked and tired to post up photos right now. Guess they'll have to wait til I wake n bake.

outwest

jyip

jyip

got me a rig bro...payd alot but i think it was worth it...no torch yet, no dabber, and no oil..but give me a day or two and i will put something together ;)View attachment 232563View attachment 232564View attachment 232565View attachment 232566

got me a rig bro...payd alot but i think it was worth it...no torch yet, no dabber, and no oil..but give me a day or two and i will put

tattoojim, can ya point me towards where ya got your erl bubbler,,,im gonna buy one too tj,, have ya broke yours in yet? any praise /complaints onthe unit now that you have owned/used it ??thx for any feedback and link to pipe tj

jyip

jyip

Very nice Mitchy! Got me some cvk beans from CC at the cup last week.

Shit Yeah Crom! Way to get out and Rock! Killer pics bro! Still sorry I missed ya! Right up my alley!

Well shit! You guys fueled my fire! I Went to buy a torch and wound up shopping the whole city( I think I hit every head shop in SF) for an affordable newer style oil rig. Wound up with this SYN for $160 out the door. Now I am takin her head to head against Anne (my old school bong w/ skillet) and sampling some of our homes finest. These are the different (batches/methods/strains/material etc.) I am testing.
View attachment 231145View attachment 231146View attachment 231147View attachment 231148View attachment 231149View attachment 231150View attachment 231151View attachment 231152View attachment 231153
They both Rock! Now, what was I going to do again?
can you pint me towards where ya got it from, i wanna order one online if they are available ,,,do you have alink for it mst??thx,,,also,, how do you like it now that u had it fora while erlin w/it??

M.S.T.

M.S.T.

can you pint me towards where ya got it from, i wanna order one online if they are available ,,,do you have alink for it mst??thx,,,also,, how do you like it now that u had it fora while erlin w/it??

I love my Syn rig and my highly educated nail. They are both available from aqualab tech. Believe there is a link right from home page. The portable skillet is called " The Dab Tray" . You can google it and find it. I love that as well for a back up ,or traveling skillet, heats up quick and fits in pretty much anything. Happy hunting.

jyip

jyip

ok crom ( or any other bho people w/the knowledge and ability to share it with me ) , i bet ya dint think the questions would come this quick, but here we go
1- ok, what to use to make oil?
is anything better than the other? in the hunnycomb viddy, they use hi quality sugar trim ( i just trimmed 20 plts, so have material) or should i use popcorn lower bud or combo of the two? ALSO, i know you can have blow-backs so only DRY mj only right? cuz it can freeze up and blow shit up sometimes??
2-***** cuz its first time i assume a smaller run, like 14 grams or so unless more or less is recommended,, how much back off a hi quality 14 grm batch, about 2 grams around
3- what type of extraction tube should i get? should i order online or McGyver it and go witha stainless steel turkey baster from walmart? I imagine i should get the proper equipment right? im gona get the 40 gram glass one like u have from extractionexperts ,,,,,How much or how tight do i pack it? how should the mj be texture wise,,,not run thru a coffeee grinder or anything like that right ?? jus sciccor it up like rollin smoke joints is the correct texture ?
4- what kind/size butane should i use? if that brand is not available in my area, is there a 2nd choice?
5- my original thoughts were to follow hmk's thread on making BHO, and to purge it with warm water , tho bret maverick utube vidy said small amounts dont need purging
6- also noticed temperature was important to not mess up taste and potency so i will get a thermometor too and monitor that as well, i have a heating pad to use to
7- any special shape pyrex to collect erl in that is better cuz i have to get one
8- this time i trmmed 20 plts, 5 red columbo x g13mikado, 5 bubblegum, and 10 millenium,,,i kept the red col seperate,,question is i should keep diferent strain trim seperate cuz it can effect my bho somehow? with taste of return?? curious here ??
9- will I get hooked if i smoke th erl???? hehehe, i hope so!

edibles,,,,,, i use a pressure cooker for one hour with a 1/4 lb trim, 2 cups cookin oil, olive is best, i use canola, 5 cups water,, and then seperate the liquid into freezable container and get rid of frozen water,,,,, each half cup has 1 oz in it,,,i usually get back 1 1/2 cups cuz no press to sqeeze it ,, anyhow, saw i on utube, simple, works great and easy to use with alot of diferent food
,,, but need the real deal now

so, maybe i should watch some bho viddys on you tube to learn as well??

any info, thoughts, instructions, on extraction safety, extraction and purging method, opinion on which is the best to make , wax, shatter, hunnycomb, or whatever else there is,, so far i understand that heat and agitation can damage flavor during purging,,,,
anyhow, i hope i get good at it

my final thoughts on the jerry springer special edition BHO Erlers and mj.... it remoinds of 1981 when i bought a oz of yellow rock form $2400,,, 1st time i bought a wholeone, not the last,,ok, whats that crap hafta do with this erl ya say?? hhmmmnn,,, k, i watched the guy i bought it from cook up some freebase using ether /baking soda , he cooked ahalf gram,, i learned from watchin 1 time, used to gwet 67% back on this nice clean yellow boulder,,,,,, and NO-ONE back then knew what i was smokin with my 6 inch long carb with 6 stainless steel screens in it,,,,
and they thought it was hash oil cuz of the glass pipe,, i used to have burnt circles on my fingers from holding carb end of it,,,,anyhow, eff the coke shit now,,it is erltime,, and the process reminds me of making freebase or as i called it back then "cup-a-soup" cuz of stove top method of heating glass vial,, i was a master of it then, test for difernet cuts with bleach, bla blah,,

help me erl up please

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL YOU CONTRIBUTE,, REAALY THANK YOU ALL!!

jyip

jyip

I love my Syn rig and my highly educated nail. They are both available from aqualab tech. Believe there is a link right from home page. The portable skillet is called " The Dab Tray" . You can google it and find it. I love that as well for a back up ,or traveling skillet, heats up quick and fits in pretty much anything. Happy hunting.
thank you mst,,,, ill update with erl eyes withina couple weeks or less i hope

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
tattoojim, can ya point me towards where ya got your erl bubbler,,,im gonna buy one too tj,, have ya broke yours in yet? any praise /complaints onthe unit now that you have owned/used it ??thx for any feedback and link to pipe tj
i picked it up at a locale head shop..the thing is that it was a fluke..cause oil is not to popular around here...feedback is that its thick ass glass, hits great, not to user freindly, but is sweet as hell to have on hand tho...i wish the dude from the shop knew who the blower was..said he picked it up at a expo he said :rolleyes:

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

A lil Jack The Ripper to start the day off right!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
1- Ok, what to use to make oil?
is anything better than the other? in the hunnycomb viddy, they use hi quality sugar trim ( i just trimmed 20 plts, so have material) or should i use popcorn lower bud or combo of the two? ALSO, i know you can have blow-backs so only DRY mj only right? cuz it can freeze up and blow shit up sometimes??

I use the best buds I have usually! The better the material you put in the better the final product! Worst case I would use popcorn and sugar trim.

2-***** cuz its first time i assume a smaller run, like 14 grams or so unless more or less is recommended,, how much back off a hi quality 14 grm batch, about 2 grams around

I get around a 1/4 ounce per gram strength. If I put 28g of good trim/popcorn buds I get around 4-5g or oil. When you use straight dankass buds you will get the higher yields with better potency and flavor. I would think of it like this, what would you rather smoke on, trim/popcorn buds, OR dank ass main colas?! The choice is yours. I would start with trim and popcorn to get a feel for what your doing, then move to buds cut up into nice sized pieces! Buds all day brotha, way better quality! Essentially you are just taking the plant matter out of the equation.

3- what type of extraction tube should i get? should i order online or McGyver it and go witha stainless steel turkey baster from walmart? I imagine i should get the proper equipment right? im gona get the 40 gram glass one like u have from extractionexperts ,,,,,How much or how tight do i pack it? how should the mj be texture wise,,,not run thru a coffeee grinder or anything like that right ?? jus sciccor it up like rollin smoke joints is the correct texture ?

I personally prefer glass. I feel it's cleaner, for some reason. Also it helps ME to see where in the tube the 'tane is. As far as packing it goes I fill to the top and then pack with a drum stick. I would recommend just going ahead and getting the proper equipment to make your oil, as you will most likely want to make more! Texture should be cut up without seed/stem/stalks. I pour my material to be used into a decent sized stainless steal popcorn bowl and use my Fiskars to cut it up. If the bud is super dense you wanna make sure it's cut up nice to help with the extraction, but never have I "ground it up". I'd be afraid that it would get material in the oil in the end. I also don't use coffee filters under the screen, seems that the coffee filter absorbs a bunch of oil! Not a fan. As long as you use the screen provided with the tube, extractionexperts tube/glass, and the pipe clamp you'll be fine.

4- what kind/size butane should i use? if that brand is not available in my area, is there a 2nd choice?

I'd go for some tane in the 5x department. There are other brands out there now such as "Newport" that claims to be very refined and pure, but charge like $17 per 300ml can! If you can afford that then go for it! I order cases off the internet, like Amazon. I like Power5x and the price is half of that of Vector. I seem to prefer the taste of the oil with the Power5x compared to the Vector though. Just don't use crappy butane or your oil will taste like ass and be tainted with the chemicals that are present in the non-refined tane. I use about 1- 300ml can of tane per 28-30g of bud. If you use less resin coated material then you may use less tane. Half ounce of bud= half can of butane.

5- my original thoughts were to follow hmk's thread on making BHO, and to purge it with warm water , tho bret maverick utube vidy said small amounts dont need purging

You always need to purge, but small batches are much much faster then an oz! Think how many cans are used for 4 ounces, that's 4 cans of 'tane. That will take longer to purge then a half ounce of bud being extracted. I recommend using the HMK method of hot water first then decide if you want to refine the oil further; after all liquid butane has evaporated/boiled off and the bubbles have gone from small rapid boil bubbles to larger slower popping bubbles. After the liquid tane is gone and the larger bubbles are popped you can take the Pyrex inside to finish the purge. If you want wax you can whip the oil like scrambled eggs after the purge with light heat if it's needed. Try not to exceed around 140*F as you will start to cook the oil off and loose some. Though this happens naturally when you further purge/refine/polish your oils. I haven't tried the method in the video because I use hot water and low heat to purge my oil, I don't own a vac, yet.

6- also noticed temperature was important to not mess up taste and potency so i will get a thermometor too and monitor that as well, i have a heating pad to use to

Yeah as mentioned lastly above^^ you don't want to exceed 140-150*F if you can avoid it. Slow and steady wins the race!

7- any special shape pyrex to collect erl in that is better cuz i have to get one

I have two dishes to collect the erl. One is a larger maybe 9x9 dish for the hot water bath, and I have a smaller one that fits into the larger on without touching the bottom, this one is for the oil to be sprayed into. I believe the dimensions are like 9x6 or something like that. Snug fit into the larger dish but the sides of the 9x9 hold the little one suspended in the water. As long as the stuff you use can handle extreme temp changes without breaking, Pyrex, they you should be good. I have used Teflon coated brownie trays to hold the hot water as well. If this becomes an issue hit me back and I'll include pics!

8- this time i trmmed 20 plts, 5 red columbo x g13mikado, 5 bubblegum, and 10 millenium,,,i kept the red col seperate,,question is i should keep diferent strain trim seperate cuz it can effect my bho somehow? with taste of return?? curious here ??

Yes. I woudn't mix the trim/strains until you know what they are like as oil. Some strains seem to "auto-budder" where they have a tendency to turn to a wax without working/refining it. Not that it's bad, but if you have 4 strains in a batch and one auto-budders and the rest don't, then I would assume that would be an interesting consistency to work with! BUT it will work. I prefer pure runs so I know what the effect will be as well. Kinda like getting an edible and not knowing what strain is in it. Like yeah I'll eat this and go to Six Flags! Then you eat it and fall asleep lol Know what your putting in your body is all I recommend. Hell if you mix buds to smoke in a "salad" and they are great together, high wise" then I'd say go for mixing them! Just don't make some nasty flavored mix that doesn't work!

9- will I get hooked if i smoke th erl???? hehehe, i hope so!

Sure will! Your tolerance will be F'ed too! Enjoy!

Crom

jyip

jyip

Crom,
thank you so much for your time and knowledge! I was gonna apoligize to 420 for hyjacking thread for off topic stuff but kinda assumed all would be cool,, again ,thx, much appreciated and will be a plan but into action with butane & extraction equipment ordered online by this weekend,,,,and then it is on!
might have few questions once im further along i would guess ...

was the concert viddy froma cellphone? amzing what ya can do these days, instead of flashing ur lighter like back in the day,,pretty cool tech

mitchynuggs,
that subcool jack the ripper looks frosty n nice,,,,, im gettin some agent orange, chernobyl, and space queen, have ya grown any other subcool gear? i never have yet but hopin its some tasty potent nugg!

****update on camera excuses...i ought new batteries and it wont even turn on, but rechargeable batteries WILL, but takes poor quality , off-color pics, i may hafta but a new camera i guess if i wanna hang here, or post shitty pics

thz again !

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

mitchynuggs,
that subcool jack the ripper looks frosty n nice,,,,, im gettin some agent orange, chernobyl, and space queen, have ya grown any other subcool gear? i never have yet but hopin its some tasty potent nugg!

whats up bro.....I have grown his Deep Purple and Qleaner and the DP was nice had a super purp pheno and the Qleaner I didn't like at all 2 shitty phenos......the JTR is my fav from sub from what I have tried I have smoked a few more of his strains grown by friends!

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
mitchynuggs,

whats up bro.....I have grown his Deep Purple and Qleaner and the DP was nice had a super purp pheno and the Qleaner I didn't like at all 2 shitty phenos......the JTR is my fav from sub from what I have tried I have smoked a few more of his strains grown by friends!
subby makes some dank bro...dairy queen is one of my favs from him

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
The budder. Against crom's direction I mixed all my trim. I'm very pleased with the flavor, purity, and potency.

outwest

View attachment 234642
good work bro...my first run was just a puddle of oil, but i blindly jumped in with little research. i always mix and match trim..next run will b 50/50 atrainXspacequeen, fire alien romulan. lots of nugs in this run

Top Bottom