What i'm thinkin

• Thread starter JaBy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Much Thanx to Thatoneguyyouknow for the heads up... reminds me of satriani...
Aaron Marshal is one of the best guitar players that have ever lived. And personally i think that is more then just a simple opinion

Theres a very small number of people in all of guitar history that can play like this dude could play by the time he was 20 years old. And playing like this is one thing, writing original music that tasteful while you play like that is another thing entirely.

Dudes understanding of what music is, its right there in the name of the project. Theres only 16 notes. Music is the space between the notes, not the notes themself.

JaBy

JaBy

Aaron Marshal is one of the best guitar players that have ever lived. And personally i think that is more then just a simple opinion

Theres a very small number of people in all of guitar history that can play like this dude could play by the time he was 20 years old. And playing like this is one thing, writing original music that tasteful while you play like that is another thing entirely.

Gotta Love It.... 👍 😻 😍🥹🙃

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

"it's all in your head" says the Zen Man as he laughs and points toward a fig tree behind you.

Last edited:
Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

are you aware of interval with vocals? i'd love to hear it.
Yea that one guy you said you didnt care much for and was kinda generic. that was an intervals song with vocals lol. Dudes an aquired taste vocally. The second track on that list of 3 i posted was the same track, without vocals lmao.

if you do not have a good system, or great headphones, this track wont say much to ya. This song has different things to say on every set of speakers ive played it through. Every time i hear it on a new system, it almost sounds like a new song entirely. And i constantly hear new things every time i play it, and have been listing to this song for 10 years. Im still digging up things ive never heard before from it. Every time i improve my system its like a whole new song to hear.

Trifonic is definitely the best electronic artist i know of. Too bad he was so unpopular in the electronic music world he stopped making music. It/they were predominantly being listened to by musicians. The electronic heads wanted Boots and Pants EDM. They didnt want real musical structure and actual sound design unfortunately.

Only put out 2 tracks in the last 10 years. and one was called A void.

There is no artist that exists, that i wish would start making art again more then Trifonic. Their (it's two brothers) music moves me to tears without a single word spoken, and gives me sensations ive never found anywhere else and feels, much like aaron marshal's music, like it connects me directly to something much larger then myself. Something thats always been and always will be, whether or not a solitary mind comes a long and allows it (the art) to exist in our reality or not. Being a life long musician myself, it has become very obvious to me in recent years, thats a piece of art is not invented when it's truly authentic, it is discovered. You didn't make it, you found it. And this is largely the consensus between just about skilled artists as well. Art is not created it is discovered. It always has been and always will be, even if it doesn't exist in reality. Put yourself in the right arrangement with the right muscle memory, and you just kind of notice this pattern thats already there, and then you allow it to exist.

Hi, im a crazy person by most people's accounts i imagine.

Last edited:
JaBy

JaBy

Yea that one guy you said you didnt care much for and was kinda generic. that was an intervals song with vocals lol. Dudes an aquired taste vocally. The second track on that list of 3 i posted was the same track, without vocals lmao.

if you do not have a good system, or great headphones, this track wont say much to ya. This song has different things to say on every set of speakers ive played it through. Every time i hear it on a new system, it almost sounds like a new song entirely. And i constantly hear new things every time i play it, and have been listing to this song for 10 years. Im still digging up things ive never heard before from it. Every time i improve my system its like a whole new song to hear.

Trifonic is definitely the best electronic artist i know of. Too bad he was so unpopular in the electronic music world he stopped making music. It/they were predominantly being listened to by musicians. The electronic heads wanted Boots and Pants EDM. They didnt want real musical structure and actual sound design unfortunately.

There is no artist that exists, that i wish would start making art again more then Trifonic. Their (it's two brothers) music moves me to tears without a single word spoken, and gives me sensations ive never found anywhere else and feels, much like aaron marshal's music, like it connects me directly to something much larger then myself. Something thats always been and always will be, whether or not a solitary mind comes a long and allows it (the art) to exist in our reality or not. Being a life long musician myself, it has become very obvious to me in recent years, thats a piece of art is not invented when it's truly authentic, it is discovered. You didn't make it, you found it. And this is largely the consensus between just about skilled artists as well. Art is not created it is discovered. It always has been and always will be, even if it doesn't exist in reality. Put yourself in the right arrangement with the right muscle memory, and you just kind of notice this thing thats there and allow it to exist.

go figure.... i was clueless. been so much music in the last week i wasn't even aware... 👍 🙃

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

go figure.... i was clueless. been so much music in the last week i wasn't even aware... 👍 🙃
Jeff Buckley is another on not a whole lot of Non musicians know of. He died young. His music is still shaping the modern musical landscape but dude has achieved true immortality through art though being honest. Lots of musicians myself included hold this cat in just about the highest esteem you can hold a singer/songwriter.

Lana Del Ray credits Buckley for her unique vocal style.

JaBy

JaBy

There is no artist that exists, that i wish would start making art again more then Trifonic. Their (it's two brothers) music moves me to tears without a single word spoken, and gives me sensations ive never found anywhere else and feels, much like aaron marshal's music, like it connects me directly to something much larger then myself. Something thats always been and always will be, whether or not a solitary mind comes a long and allows it (the art) to exist in our reality or not. Being a life long musician myself, it has become very obvious to me in recent years, thats a piece of art is not invented when it's truly authentic, it is discovered. You didn't make it, you found it. And this is largely the consensus between just about skilled artists as well. Art is not created it is discovered. It always has been and always will be, even if it doesn't exist in reality. Put yourself in the right arrangement with the right muscle memory, and you just kind of notice this pattern thats already there, and then you allow it to exist.

i got a galaxy tab s6 tablet. the vids sound very good to me. outstanding stuff. 👍 👍 👍

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

i got a galaxy tab s6 tablet. the vids sound very good to me. outstanding stuff. 👍 👍 👍
There's stuff in there from below audible (can only feel) to the far limits of human range and beyond (can also only feel, and only if the system can actually manage.)

It's very well mastered music too. If you speakers drivers can't do it they won't flub out on ya either. The spatial high end in the stereo image is some of the most impressive sound design I've ever heard.

And Buckley sits on my wall, personally, right next to Pink Floyd. Right near the top

IMG 20240624 135701401
JaBy

JaBy

nah, not crazy. insightful and deep. i played guit years ago, had a drum kit and bass guit as well as a mesa boogie head, 2 full stack guit speakers i had loaded with JBL and EV speakers in each stack. had a nice big bass amp two stereo rack amps (i had the guitar setup as quad). had numerous rack affects, two rack stereo preamps. i used to just crank those fuckers up and just jam. miss those days. i used to run different echo loops on 3 of the guit amp outputs and jam staight on the fourth to the timings of what ever the loop timings were.

i had a custom made hamer scarab guitar. i was told they didn't make the scarab in a 6 string guitar only bass. i told the guy if he wanted the sale i wanted a 6 string scarab guitar. a while after that they started making the scarab in a 6 string guitar format. i was the first person to have one as i wouldn't accept no for an answer....
Def leppard hamer scarab bass guitar 360 de55e9ab23ac82c4cec5f0326a32fffa
def leopards bass guitar. it's what stoked me.

Last edited:
JaBy

JaBy

nah, not crazy. insightful and deep. i played guit years ago, had a drum kit and bass guit as well as a mesa boogie head, 2 full stack guit speakers i had loaded with JBL and EV speakers in each stack. had a nice big bass amp two stereo rack amps (i had the guitar setup as quad). had numerous rack affects, two rack stereo preamps. i used to just crank those fuckers up and just jam. miss those days. i used to run different echo loops on 3 of the guit amp outputs and jam staight on the fourth to the timings of what ever the loop timings were.

i had a custom made hamer scarab guitar. i was told they didn't make the scarab in a 6 string guitar only bass. i told the guy if he wanted the sale i wanted a 6 string scarab guitar. a while after that they started making the scarab in a 6 string guitar format. i was the first person to have one as i wouldn't accept no for an answer....
View attachment 2201877def leopards bass guitar. it's what stoked me.
actually i started with a mesa boogie head and full stack of mesa boogie speakers. changed over to the rack equipment shortly after got a second full mesa boogie stack and then had the speakers replaced with the jbl and ev pa speakers. i wanted to get all my tone from the amps, preamps and effects.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

This is my current GOAT.

Is a hand build with mostly hand tools. Flamed Sapele body. 2 piece. Not a top or cap. Entire body flamed. Neck is flamed kil-roasted Canadian maple. Fretboard is Paul Ferro. Was my first go at doing my own fretboard inlays too. Just standard strat dots, but went with abalone for a little psychedelic coloring to go with the rest of it. Tiger eye fender custom shop guard. Fender deluxe drive pickups.

She's my "the one" for sure lmao.
IMG 20240624 225046442
IMG 20240624 225053434
IMG 20240624 225211881
IMG 20240624 225103668

IMG 20240624 225142149
IMG 20240624 225153154

The only thing I have signed are a couple intervals records. Betcha not surprised there lmao.
IMG 20240624 225544000

And I gotta say. It's Always very satisfying when I see someone putting Hendrix and SRV together. Right where they belong.

Only man to walk the world you can even compare to the legend himself IMHO.

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

This is my current GOAT.

Is a hand build with mostly hand tools. Flamed Sapele body. 2 piece. Not a top or cap. Entire body flamed. Neck is flamed kil-roasted Canadian maple. Fretboard is Paul Ferro. Was my first go at doing my own fretboard inlays too. Just standard strat dots, but went with abalone for a little psychedelic coloring to go with the rest of it. Tiger eye fender custom shop guard. Fender deluxe drive pickups.

She's my "the one" for sure lmao.
View attachment 2202327View attachment 2202328View attachment 2202332View attachment 2202329
View attachment 2202330View attachment 2202331

The only thing I have signed are a couple intervals records. Betcha not surprised there lmao.
View attachment 2202333

And I gotta say. It's Always very satisfying when I see someone putting Hendrix and SRV together. Right where they belong.

Only man to walk the world you can even compare to the legend himself IMHO.
mixed purple rain and travis scott. haha good times! nothing belongs anywhere in my eyes haha

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

breakin out the oldschool today haha !
making some new!
Hitting some trails soon 😉😜, (life update)

Latest posts

Top Bottom