What i'm thinkin

• Thread starter JaBy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JaBy

JaBy

This is my current GOAT.

Is a hand build with mostly hand tools. Flamed Sapele body. 2 piece. Not a top or cap. Entire body flamed. Neck is flamed kil-roasted Canadian maple. Fretboard is Paul Ferro. Was my first go at doing my own fretboard inlays too. Just standard strat dots, but went with abalone for a little psychedelic coloring to go with the rest of it. Tiger eye fender custom shop guard. Fender deluxe drive pickups.

She's my "the one" for sure lmao.
View attachment 2202327View attachment 2202328View attachment 2202332View attachment 2202329
View attachment 2202330View attachment 2202331

The only thing I have signed are a couple intervals records. Betcha not surprised there lmao.
View attachment 2202333

And I gotta say. It's Always very satisfying when I see someone putting Hendrix and SRV together. Right where they belong.

Only man to walk the world you can even compare to the legend himself IMHO.
very nice guit.... 😉 love some wood curl ... had made a copy of a b.c. rich warlock (like the one wasp had) outa some wood i got at a lumberyard that had some good curl to it (i believe i used maple) custom contoured the edges to give it a sleek profile. put the jack plug on top of the bottom fin instead of the bottom where they normally are so it protected the cord plug. the center wood was dark walnut that only went down just past where the tremelo was mounted so the maple actually continued around the back of it. used all hand tools. that wood was tough to fashion as it was some dense hard stuff. i bolted a chain to the back bottom fin as well with a padlock at the end of it.

SRV and Jimi just a natural thing. i shoulda put the G3 red house in there. i've been holding off on those two as everything they've done is so well known. i was trying to post stuff i was thinking might be stuff many might not be aware of. at any rate, two fine guitar players who's lives were ended far to early like so many others..... to consider all the amazing music through the years that would have been had they all seen longer lives...

Last edited:
cobblestoner

cobblestoner

very nice guit.... 😉 love some wood curl ... had made a copy of a b.c. rich warlock (like the one wasp had) outa some wood i got at a lumberyard that had some good curl to it (i believe i used maple) custom contoured the edges to give it a sleek profile. put the jack plug on top of the bottom fin instead of the bottom where they normally are so it protected the cord plug. the center wood was dark maple that only went down just past where the tremelo was mounted so the maple actually continued around the back of it. used all hand tools. that wood was tough to fashion as it was some dense hard stuff. i bolted a chain to the back bottom fin as well with a padlock at the end of it.

SRV and Jimi just a natural thing. i shoulda put the G3 red house in there. i've been holding off on those two as everything they've done is so well known. i was trying to post stuff i was thinking might be stuff many might not be aware of. at any rate, two fine guitar players who's lives were ended far to early like so many others..... to consider all the amazing music through the years that would have been had they all seen longer lives...
life is cool. they wanted to live on thru their music, and so to many they do. who knows maybe we got a white jimi hendrix running around doing some gangsta shit! hahahaha!

JaBy

JaBy

life is cool. they wanted to live on thru their music, and so to many they do. who knows maybe we got a white jimi hendrix running around doing some gangsta shit! hahahaha!
there will never be another jimi. as with us all he was a one of a kind. there have been many who have been hyped as the new jimi. robin trower was hyped as such, frank marino's early stuff was practically a rip off of hendrix. SRV was amazing covering hendrix but they excelled in their own way. they might have done some great stuff but they could never be jimi.

so true, to many they truly will be forever in the music they gave us. gotta love em..👍🤝✌️👏

cobblestoner

cobblestoner

there will never be another jimi. as with us all he was a one of a kind. there have been many who have been hyped as the new jimi. robin trower was hyped as such, frank marino's early stuff was practically a rip off of hendrix. SRV was amazing covering hendrix but they excelled in their own way. they might have done some great stuff but they could never be jimi.

so true, to many they truly will be forever in the music they gave us. gotta love em..👍🤝✌️👏
i believe in the ressurectionz! lolz

Top Bottom