Please help me save these!!!

• Thread starter WickedMichelle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

🐼 🚀
Supporter
Looking a little better. The royal purple seems to be a hearty plant but the watermelon on the right seems very fragile. I am worried she will be high maintenance and difficult to keep happy. (Takes after me LMAO)

I did give them a good watering to get them here but I worry that the yellowing is going to continue from it.
More water less often when watering. Don't mist them, wait for them to have a slight wilt and then you know to water a touch sooner next time and you'll be in good shape ✌️

H

HeadHunterpipes

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

How are your babies looking?
This is 10 Min ago....

Too dry, I water, they yellow. I let up they dry out... I water they yellow. They were doing so well before I started messing with the lights and humidity as suggested in another post. They were growing tall, too tall... so I lowered the light and raised the intensity. Even bringing it back to the normal seedling grow guide I cannot seem to get them back to healthy looking.

I gave them a little water but I think I am going to try transplanting into bigger pots this afternoon when they dry a little.

Otherwise, back to square one. I have 3 other seeds. All different strains. Maybe one of those will live. :(

20240610 071809
20240610 071659
20240610 071656
20240610 071652
Last edited:
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
It looks to me like the problem is with the soil and/or those cups, so I would be tempted to remove them from those pots and put them in nursery cups or solo cups. I once removed all the soil from some seedlings that were having trouble. There was nothing left but bare roots. Then I put them in different soil that I thought might be better soil. It was, apparently, because the plants grew well after that.

Sunin

Sunin

cut that cups on the side, take them out and transplant in something bigger with good medium in. I would say it's the only way to save them. I can bet that after taking them out you will have dry in many parts of them like desert 🏜️
hope they will make it

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

cut that cups on the side, take them out and transplant in something bigger with good medium in. I would say it's the only way to save them. I can bet that after taking them out you will have dry in many parts of them like desert 🏜️
hope they will make it
Thanks. Yes, planning on cutting off those cups.

That is happy frog soil. It is used by many here. I am going to try mixing happy frog and ocean forest. Also making a bottom layer of perlite and a heavy amount in the bottom soil mix.... less toward the top.

IDK... Fingers are crossed. Toes too LMAO.

I have not been adding nutrients either... I was told they were too young. Do you think I should make a very lite mixture of PhPerfect?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Also making a bottom layer of perlite and a heavy amount in the bottom soil mix.... less toward the top.
Just mix the perlite. A bottom layer raises the perched water table, which is not beneficial.

I have not been adding nutrients either... I was told they were too young. Do you think I should make a very lite mixture of PhPerfect?
Probably not. Let them adjust to the new soil before doing anything else. The FF soils have nutrients.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

Thank you! I want to see if that water perks them up a little before I attempt the transplant. It's currently 8:14 am here, they go to sleep at 4:30pm. Thinking of around noon, give them a good 4 hours of light in the new soil.

Z

Zab

And where is your light at now? Height and intensity? And what container are you planning to put the seedlings into? Hopefully they will come around.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thank you! I want to see if that water perks them up a little before I attempt the transplant. It's currently 8:14 am here, they go to sleep at 4:30pm. Thinking of around noon, give them a good 4 hours of light in the new soil.
Seems like a good plan. Reducing the light intensity probably would help. I agree with @Sunin. There's likely to be dry spots in the soil.

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

And where is your light at now? Height and intensity? And what container are you planning to put the seedlings into? Hopefully they will come around.
Lights at 25% and around 18" above the plants. Rough guess on the height. Temp ranges from 77 degrees F to 81 degrees F. Humidity ranges between 47 and 55%. The fan and humidity are all auto.

I had lowered the light to around 11 inches above the tops and a light power of 35%. I wanted to stop the height until they bushed out a little. I think I did that too soon and stressed them out. Or the soil just lost their nutrients too soon. Those are small pots.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Temp ranges from 77 degrees F to 81 degrees F. Humidity ranges between 47 and 55%.
That's probably too dry for young plants and could be the problem. 70% RH is not too high.

If you have a controller, does it calculate vapor pressure deficit (VPD)?

Lights at 25% and around 18" above the plants.
That's a bit close. 30" is better for young plants, in general.

Beazy

Beazy

Also if you’re unsure how much water to give you could bottom water until they get there roots established !! Just set your cups in about a 1/4 in of water for a couple mins. Clear solos are my preferred method for seeds n clones. Much better to SEE what there roots are doing. Best of luck with em !!

WickedMichelle

WickedMichelle

If you have a controller, does it calculate vapor pressure deficit (VPD)?
No, I have no idea what the VPD is.

That's a bit close. 30" is better for young plants, in general.
Ok... I can raise this. Not a problem there.... I was worried that they were getting too tall and the leaves were not having a chance to spread.

Heat might be an issue. Maybe not so much when I raise the lights. Most of my heat comes from the lights. If I raise the fan output to release the heat, it sucks out the humidity to really low levels. As it gets hotter here the AC will be on so that will help with some of the heat. Night is cool here and I have a box fan in the window to pull in the cool air.

Top Bottom